Complaint Review: IrishPeat.com

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Eric — Manchester New Hampshire United States of America
IrishPeat.com

IrishPeat.com ships bags of dirt and calls it 'peat bricks' Internet

I ordered peat bricks from this company September of 2012. My card was charged immediately, but 2-3 weeks passed with nothing shipped and no communication.

I tried sending e-mails to the contact address and got no reply. I tried calling the number on the web site--it goes straight to voice mail and the voice mail message sounds like it's a different company.

At that point I researched the company (which should have been my first step!) and found they had an F rating with BBB, as well as several prior ripoff reports filed. It seems they have a long-running pattern of either not shipping at all and just taking money, or shipping inferior/less product than advertised.

I did get in touch with the company they are using for credit card payments, CCNow. CCNow opened an investigation and requested a 're-ship' of the product. Within a week or so I did in fact receive a shipment--two sacks of peat bricks that looked like they had been left out in the rain for weeks...they had literally disintegrated into something more like dirt than anything you'd think of burning in your fireplace.

Before receiving this load of #$!* I had also opened a complaint through my bank. I forgot to tell them that I had received something, and so a couple of days later I was given a provisional credit. The funny thing is that *this* finally caused somebody at IrishPeat.com to reply to one of my initial emails, telling me that the chargeback "wasn't right." (No idea who the person was -- no signature, and the email consisted of two sentences.)

I wrote them another email in return making my dissatisfaction clear. No reply to that either, of course.  At the moment, Visa is apparently still investigating...if they are waiting for a reply from Irish Peat, it might take a while.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IrishPeatcom/internet/IrishPeatcom-ships-bags-of-dirt-and-calls-it-peat-bricks-Internet-971316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IrishPeat.com