Complaint Review: Island National Group LLC

• Submitted: Sat, September 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 06, 2008

• Reported By:ELKHART Indiana
Island National Group LLC
6851 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 180 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

Island National Group LLC Billed me for $134.88, suposedly incurred in June, 1996 (12 yrs. ago). Syosset New York

Just now (9/6/08) received a bill from Island National Group LLC, stating that I had an outstanding balance of $134.88, originally owed to Directv. I did, back in the nineties, have an account with them; when I moved, I settled up this and all outstanding debts. Furthermore, I _never_ owed Directv an amount that large.

Isn't this long past the statute of limitations?

I also recall getting a similar bill from a collection agency claiming to represent Fingerhut; from whom I have never ordered in my life (don't even know what they carry).

I'm sending a debt validation letter to them. I assume it will disappear as though thrown in a black hole.

Dreamminer
ELKHART, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2008 03:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Island-National-Group-LLC/Syosset-New-York-11791/Island-National-Group-LLC-Billed-me-for-13488-suposedly-incurred-in-June-1996-12-yrs-370302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Island National Group LLC