• Report: #141972

• Submitted: Sun, May 08, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 16, 2006

• Reported By:Glenburn Maine
Island National Group
6851 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 180 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

Island National Group - RJM Acquisitions - Fingerhut ripoff, sold supposed debt, not mine! Syosset New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Steve-Wantagh.. LEARN HOW TO READ first before slamming me!

*Consumer Suggestion: You really have no clue

*Consumer Comment: Sorry...Steve from Wantagh....TROLL for Island National Group! ..My mistake!

*Consumer Suggestion: Also, why would I be a troll for RJM?

*Consumer Suggestion: Whatever Steve from Bradenton

*Consumer Suggestion: Steve, go back to your cubicle!

*Consumer Suggestion: intimidated, pushed around, threatened?

I just received a letter from Island National Group stating they had been hired by RJM Acquisitions to collect an account from Fingerhut. They claim I owe Fingerhut $1,883.13 from an account I opened in 1996.

They say they will match any payment I make, thus lowering my debt to $942. If I owed the money, this would be a good deal, but since I don't owe them a dime, I still consider it a ripoff.

I am not going to send them a penny, but they are receiving a letter from me, a copy of which is going to the attorney general's office, stating I will not be intimidated, pushed around, threatened, or anything else. This is crazy and they need to be stopped.

Debra
Glenburn, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2005 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Island-National-Group/Syosset-New-York-11791/Island-National-Group-RJM-Acquisitions-Fingerhut-ripoff-sold-supposed-debt-not-mine-141972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Island National Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Heres my ACTUAL wording:
"It is NEVER in the "debtor's" best interest to call a third party debt collector. AND, it is NEVER in the "debtor's" best interest to pay a third party debt collector.

Once the original creditor charges it off AND sells the debt, there is nothing else to talk about.

Most collectors will never initiate lawsuit, and the few that actually do have a 50/50 chance of winning, and even a smaller chance of actually getting paid after winning!"

Furthermore, I must know exactly what I am talking about, as it has been approx 4 years that collectors and attornies have been after me, and not 1 has gotten so much as 1 penny, AND there are no judgements filed on me.

That is the result of following the same advice I gave here.

You are a collector, and are giving advice based on what you want debtors to do. YOU are the one who really has NO CLUE.

I have proven my methods when I walked away from $170k in unsecured debt that you people have FAILED to collect.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

You really have no clue

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Please leave giving advise to those who know what they're talking about.

"After a debt is charged off, there is nothing else to talk about."

That statement right there proves you have no idea what you're talking about. When an account is charged off by the original creditor, that means it's going into collection. It does not mean you no longer have to pay it.

Please stop spreading your mis-information.

Steve from Wantagh,

I am not a "professional debtor" as you put it. I have had excellent credit most of my life. My story is posted all over this site, so I won't repeat it.

My point was that your advice was so far off from reality you either have to be totally incompetent, or your a debt collector.

Thats how it works in the real world.

I am here to educate the public with useful facts on protecting themselves from the harrassment and illegal tactics employed by the MAJORITY of debt collectors.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Also, why would I be a troll for RJM?

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

When I am making references to Island National Group. That just doesn't make sense. I have nothing to do with RJM.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You are an ambulance chaser aren't you? I fealt I would offer some helpful advise instead of advising these people (who you know nothing about) to just not respond or to sue. That's not being very helpful, is it? Professional debtors never cease to amaze.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

#11 Consumer Suggestion

#12 Consumer Suggestion

#13 Consumer Suggestion

Steve, go back to your cubicle!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Steve-NY, It is obvious that you are an RJM TROLL. Every single post you reply to with advice that no one would ever give to a victim of a collection agency.

Yeah, just call them, that will fix it.

Whatever you say TROLL.

#14 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

If this is the same company I have dealt with, I find it hard to believe they were threatening you. Do you have any proof of said intimidation?

#15 Consumer Suggestion