• Report: #204860

• Submitted: Mon, August 07, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, August 07, 2006

• Reported By:deer paark New York
Island Recreational
1480 Deer Park Avenue Deer Park, New York U.S.A.

Island Recreational deceived us into believing that they had the parts for the pool we bought Ripoff Deer Park New York

we bought a pool from island recreationl a couple of days before the 4th of July. The pool was delivered the week after the fourth of July, and when the pool installers(seperate company, island recreational does not install pools) attempted to put the pool together, they realized that parts were missing.

i contacted island recreational, and thay said only the installers could pick the parts up. the installers obtained the missing parts, only to realize that they were not given the correct parts by island recreational. i called island recreational again and they would not take any responsibility for giving the installers the incorrrect part, instead blaming it on the manufacturers. I was told by customer service that the parts would be checked with the manufacturers, which were closed that day, and that the pool installers would get back to me.

no one called me back, I went into the store to be told that the part I need is on backorder, or is not being made anymore. so after more than a month, 2 heatwaves, 2 kids who thought they would be able to celebrate their birthdays with pool parties and a pool that sits in boxes in my backyard, I ask why is islan recreational selling pools that they don't have the parts to?

Odette
deer paark, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2006 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Island-Recreational/Deer-Park-New-York-11729/Island-Recreational-deceived-us-into-believing-that-they-had-the-parts-for-the-pool-we-bou-204860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Island Recreational