Complaint Review: Islander Designs Aka Islander Barbeque

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, March 10, 2008

• Reported By:Cassel California
Islander Designs Aka Islander Barbeque
www.islanderbbq.com Valencia, Orange, Capistrano, Corona, California U.S.A.

Islander Designs Aka Islander Barbeque Islander did not return phone calls, took money, did not deliver, no responce Ripoff Valencia Orange Capistrano Corona California

*UPDATE Employee: ISLANDERBBQ.com is not the same company

*Consumer Comment: Islanderbbq.com IS the address we were given and it's in writing!

*UPDATE Employee: WWW.ISLABDERBBQ.COM IS NOT ISLANDER DESIGNS

We ordered a bbq island and fireplace. We were told that they would deliver the entire shipment (which we paid for out of pocket) up to our place. Upon ordering we notified them we had no way to remove the purchase from the truck. They said they would put their forklift on the truck...we went ahead and placed the order. Just before delivery they changed their tune and said we needed a crane. We were upset because there was no rental agency within 100 miles of our home. We figured out we could use the forks on our CAT. Then, after assembled, where was our 15' Palapa? The delivery men LIED to us and said it usually arrives separate. WARNING! We went to a show and their own salesman said it was bull. The man who made the Palapas just died, but that would not have affected our order. However,there was a problem with management/ownership (drugs) and one owner left.

We were also told that cash purchases made through the trade shows was a problem, as someone kept the cash and did not deliver. Our Palapa has still not arrived two months later. If I phone Islander they put me to a voice mail as they do not want to take my call. I have sent e-mails requesting a phone call back...they do not respond! We even went as far as attending a homeshow and leaving a note for the owner who was to arrive in the morning. Still, no avail. THIS COMPANY IS VERY SHADY!!!!!! IF YOU GET YOUR STUFF YOU ARE VERY LUCKY. They even called me and asked for more money before delivery because they were needing to pay their employees. Hmmmmm, I should not have paid them after they delivered...I would probably have my palapa today. DON'T ORDER AN UMBRELLA (PALAPA).... Make sure you do NOT give them CASH and give them a VERY LITTLE down payment.....be PREPARED TO LOSE MONEY

Burney girl
Cassel, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Islander-Designs-Aka-Islander-Barbeque/Valencia-Orange-Capistrano-Corona-California-91355/Islander-Designs-Aka-Islander-Barbeque-Islander-did-not-return-phone-calls-took-money-di-267528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Islander Designs Aka Islander Barbeque

ISLANDERBBQ.com is not the same company

AUTHOR: Jim Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

We do not do shows period. This is not the same company this lady beleives we are because our name is similar. This lady does not have one of our contracts if she did we would take care of her no problem period. We never recieved any money from her. She was ripped off by Islander Designs out of Fontana owned by Rick Johnson we are out of Corona. This lady has never been to our showrooms in Orange which is the only place we sell.

If she would like to contact me I would be more then happy to explian to her. Look at our BBB report at: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=100025411

The owner is Alex Rezaee and we are BBQ ETC If you check out the BBB page you will notice we started in 2005 long before this lady baught her island from a different Business.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me or Fax me at
Ph: 951-372-0020
Fax: 951-372-0028

Islanderbbq.com IS the address we were given and it's in writing!

AUTHOR: Kitty - (U.S.A.)

I don't care about internal company problems. Islander Designs was sold in January to the people now running the factory. Nobody wants to claim responsibility however, I purchased direct AT THE FACTORY!!! The website given me was islanderbbq.com and have corresponded via those addresses. I just want my palapa. I have contacted the District Attorney regarding this transaction. I hope one day the D.A. will get to the bottom of this. Just don't go to the fairgrounds and purchase any bbq island....YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF!!! TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THEIR INEPTNESS! Perhaps the compay names are very close but they personally know who eachother are.

WWW.ISLABDERBBQ.COM IS NOT ISLANDER DESIGNS

AUTHOR: Jim Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

This is not one of our customers. We are not Islander Designs. We are a company called BBQ ETC BDA ISLANDER. We have a retail showroom in Corona and one in Orange County in Southern CA. We have never had a office out of fontana or the phone number accociated with Islander Designs. If this customer had bought her island from us she would not have had this problem. Islander Designs has no relation to our company just because our names our similair this customer has blamed us. IF this customer would like to call I would be more then happy to explian to her that are company never recieved any money from her and we do not sell our product at shows.