Complaint Review: Ista North America

• Submitted: Tue, November 15, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, November 15, 2011

• Reported By: CarolineA — Washington United States of America
Ista North America
3655 N Point Pkwy, Suite 450, Alpharetta, GA 30005 Alpharetta, Georgia United States of America

Ista North America water, negligent, scam Alpharetta, Georgia

About a year and a half ago our water & sewage bill started to climb, so we took precautions to watch our water usage (we live in a 2bed 2bath apartment and there are only two of us). When the bill topped $190 for a one month period I called exasperated asking what, if anything, we could do to lessen the bill, explaining that we are using less water than ever before and being billed about quadruple what we had been billed in the past.

Long story short there were no leaks, the water meter they installed was running backwards, the readings I took at 7 am every morning were wildly different from what they showed on their end, and they would not send someone out to replace the meter so they just placated us by reducing our bill. They could not explain how or why, or where the new billing amounts were coming from, but at that point I didn't care.

Fast forward 18 months and they replaced the water meter, and our bill jumped to 5,700 gallons in one month.

They demanded our property management company check for leaks - none were found, but guess what...the meter isn't moving. The meter ista installed...Is.not.moving.

What are they trying to do to me, make me crazy?

Never have I had a water bill this high, even when I lived in a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom house with two other people and a 1/2 acre lawn.

I call hijinks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2011 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ista-North-America/Alpharetta-Georgia-30005/Ista-North-America-water-negligent-scam-Alpharetta-Georgia-798388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ista North America