Complaint Review: Itechline

• Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: Mansour — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Itechline

Itechline Rif-off customer service and virus removal Internet

My PC was running slow and started having unwanted pop-ups.  So I called Itechline and a customer service rep stated that PC is infected with virus.  I paid their one-time $99 fee (of course they were asking a $199 for a year subscription) and they said the problem has bee fixed and that they have added a firewall for the life-time on my network for future protection.  A couple of weeks later, I started having the same issues.  I called them again and they changed me once again $99 to remove the same virus.  Three days later, I received pop-ups again and called them and they said to pay them again.  This time, I argued and told them that I was told I have a 7 day grace period.  They worked on it again and told me the viruses have been removed and that I should get Norton for future protection.  Immediately after "fixing" of the problem, I purchased Norton and sure enough, Norton would not download, since there was an existing virus.  These people are rip-off and I suggest not do business with them as you will be wasting your $$$.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Itechline/internet/Itechline-Rif-off-customer-service-and-virus-removal-Internet-996025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Itechline