Complaint Review: Ivory White

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: VW victim — St. Louisville Ohio United States of America
Ivory White

Ivory White Harassing repeated phone calls & unauthorized charges on credit card Internet

I clicked on a link to a pop up ad on my home web page for whitening your teeth.  It claimed that by using 2 whitening products together you'd get quicker and whiter teeth.

The other product was Knockout White.  All I had to pay was $1.03 in shipping for each product which I did and they both arrived a few days later.

About a week later I received a phone call from caller ID "unavailable".  The caller was extremely hard to understand and sounded like he was from India.  He wanted to verify my name and address for the Ivory White product.

I told him to tell me what he had on file and I'll tell you if that is right or not.  He had my name and address correctly but then he insisted on me giving him my credit card number to verify if he had the right one or not.

I told him to read off what he had and I'd tell him if that was correct or not.  He wouldn't, he just kept insisting that I tell him what it was.  I repeatedly refused to do so and I hung up on him.  He called right back but I let my answering machine pick it up and he would hang up.

My caller ID said that the "unavailable" caller would call our number about every 45-90 minutes all day while I was at work.  Then he would call until late at night.  This has gone on for about the last 10 days.

I got a text alert from my credit card about a blocked charge.  I called them and they said that they had blocked 2 attempts to charge me over $78.00 each time in the last 2 days.  I went online tonight and checked my account and saw that Knockout White had charged me a $76.00 charge.

I called my card company and told them that it was not authorized and they have started a fraud investigation.  My account has now been closed thanks to those people.

When I ordered the 2 "free" samples I saw no mention of any additional charges in the future or any notice of a program that I'd be billed more charges.  The Indian guy called again this evening and told me that they, Ivory White, would be sending me a 1 month free supply.  I told him that I was not interested and to cancel my account and never call me again.  We'll see if he understands that part of the English language.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ivory-White/internet/Ivory-White-Harassing-repeated-phone-calls-unauthorized-charges-on-credit-card-Internet-974698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ivory White