Complaint Review: Iyogi Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, September 14, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, September 14, 2013

• Reported By: cheka19 — freeland Pennsylvania
Iyogi Inc.
291 broadway suite 803 New York, New York USA

Iyogi Inc. iyogi tech support pushy, rude, inconsiderate, greedy, annoying India New York

*UPDATE Employee: Response to the Report

I originally was looking for basic tech support for my laptop and came across a number for Dell. The number turned out to be Iyogi NOT Dell, but seeing how they had a good offer I decided to go with them and pay the amount for 1 year virus protection and tech support.

Every month after the original purchase they called my home soliciting a product or an upgrade for a “great low price”. It seemed odd to me that a professional, reputable business kept calling me to try to sell me something. On several occasions they indicated that my computer was running slow but if I purchased such and such product that my computer would be running faster.

Their main priority wasn’t to give satisfying tech support to the customer, but rather to peddle a product or an unnecessary upgrade. On countless occasions when I declined on their offers they continued to be pushy and even outwardly rude in the attempt to make a sale. On one occasion the man hung up on me after I said no thank you for the 5th time!

The most recent harassing phone call that I received was by far the worst! The man asked how my computer was doing, then proceeded to pitch me an offer to extend my tech support for another year. I politely declined and the man continued in a rude fashion to ask for my expiration date on my credit card. I declined again. He then asked for another card in which I could charge the purchase to. Annoyed, I declined again. He then told me that he would go ahead and charge the card but it would go through the following month. Feeling as if I were being harassed and swindled in my own home I grew very annoyed with the forward, inconsiderate man’s attempts to make a sale. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and he continued trying to lower the price and get me to buy this upgrade. I then demanded to speak to his superior and immediately the phone call was disconnected.

These harassing phone calls occur as frequent as twice a month and this is NOT what I paid for! The tech support seems more like a front. I am extremely frustrated with this company as well as unsatisfied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2013 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iyogi-Inc/New-York-New-York-10007/Iyogi-Inc-iyogi-tech-support-pushy-rude-inconsiderate-greedy-annoying-India-New-Yor-1084551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iyogi Inc.

Response to the Report

AUTHOR: iYogi- Active Response Team - ()

Dear customer,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have faced with iYogi. We take all feedback seriously and this is not the type of service we strive to deliver. We would like to investigate the incident you are reporting, so requesting you to share your account/contact details at iYogicare[at]iyogi[dot]com and our Active Response Team will take necessary action as per the findings.

Regards,