Complaint Review: J AND P RANCH, APPLE VALLEY, CA

• Submitted: Wed, April 13, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 13, 2011

• Reported By: Educated Consumer — Laguna Niguel California United States of America
J AND P RANCH, APPLE VALLEY, CA
11828 Deep Creek Rd. APPLE VALLEY, California United States of America

J AND P RANCH, APPLE VALLEY, CA J & P RANCH, BEWARE --CAUTION...MY CHILD WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED HERE !!! APPLE VALLEY, California

BEWARE....CAUTION:

My child was seriously injured there, while receiving a horse back riding lesson.

My inexperienced daughter was receiving a "riding lesson"(from PHIL...the owner of J and P Ranch)....WITHOUT A HELMET!!!

That's when the "untethered"(unsecured) horse she was riding exploded into a full sprint.

Ultimately, my child was violently thrown from the horse and received multiple bone fractures.

Luckily, my child was not killed or permanently injured.

My child was transported from the J and P Ranch via paramedics and ambulance, and had to visit 2 hospitals that same day!!  After seeing an orthopedic specialist/surgeon, she then had to endure weeks of wearing a sling(the fractures were too high up for a cast), many weeks of physical therapy, and months and months of pain in that arm and shoulder.

My child still experiences pain and discomfort, as well as irregular sleep patterns, head aches, etc.

At the time, I personally  contacted the owner of the horse & ranch(PHIL).   He unbelievably denied any responsibility whatsoever???  In spite of the fact my child was very inexperienced, receiving a lesson without a helmet, and riding upon a very large and untethered (unsecured)
horse.
PS...For the record, I would have never entrusted my child to a facility such as this...my ex brought my child there.

Not only was the whole incident negligent, the owner(PHIL), never even contacted me(the father) to seek on the welfare of my daughter.  NOR did he ever offer to help with medical costs!!!

I WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN OR SUGGEST THIS "business" TO MY FRIENDS, FAMILY OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2011 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-AND-P-RANCH-APPLE-VALLEY-CA/APPLE-VALLEY-California-92308/J-AND-P-RANCH-APPLE-VALLEY-CA-J-P-RANCH-BEWARE-CAUTIONMY-CHILD-WAS-SERIOUSLY-INJ-717293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J AND P RANCH, APPLE VALLEY, CA