Complaint Review: J And J Towing

• Submitted: Wed, April 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 29, 2009

• Reported By:Austin Texas
J And J Towing
814 Linger Lane Austin, Texas U.S.A.

J And J Towing Towed Car illegally Austin Texas

My car was towed by J and J towing illegally. It was parked in a parking garage with a meter. I paid the meter for 30 minutes. I went inside a building for less time than that and came out to find my car missing. When I called J and J to see if they had the car they didn't even know the car had been towed. They called one of the drivers and someone had it and was not back at the impound yard. When I got to the impound yard they charged me $193.30 to remove my car. I insisted that the car had been towed illegally and they said they had pictures. The pictures have a different date on them then the car was towed, as well as, a different time. The paperwork that the tow driver filled out was also incorrect. He said they towed the car at 8 pm. and I was on the phone with the tow company by 8:02 pm with someone at the company. I was standing in the empty spot at 8 pm. So he towed the car prior to that.

I am planning on filing a small claims suit.

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2009 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-And-J-Towing/Austin-Texas-78721/J-And-J-Towing-Towed-Car-illegally-Austin-Texas-447601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J And J Towing