Complaint Review: J B Hunt Transportation Services

• Submitted: Wed, May 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 01, 2007

• Reported By:Turlock California
J B Hunt Transportation Services
615 J B Hunt Corporate Dr. Lowell, Arkansas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 479-820-8111
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

J B Hunt Transportation Services Targeted and Wrongful Termination Lowell Arkansas

*UPDATE Employee: You need to Get...

27 May 2007 while employed by JB Hunt, I was dispatched to Metals Management Inc in Phoenix, Az to pick-up a pre-loaded trailer of scrap. When I arrived, the only other person there was the security guard. The yard in general was a cluttered mess, piles of scrap metal, intermodal containers, and equipment everywhere with limited space for manuvering a 75-foot road vehicle in. I was instructed to drop the empty 53-foot trailer in the back area.

After about an hour of moving back and forth I finally managed to put the trailer in an area where it would be safe to drop it, out of the way. The pre-loaded trailer was located in a spot with two intermodal trailers on the left side, the closest was not more than 4-feet from the trailer I was to pick-up. On the right was a large yellow portable dock used to unload trailers when no dock is avaliable. Not more than 50-feet across the drive (50-feet of space for manuvering) was another line of intermodals and stacks and bales of scrap metal as well as concrete barriers. The ramp base of the dock was in-line with the tires of the trailer on the front line.

There was no way possible I could have moved the portable dock so I manuvered the trailer to close the space between my trailer and the intermodal on the left side but not close enough to hit the intermodal with the back-traler swing. I estimated I'd miss the ramp's lower edge by about an inch (hard to see that small a distance at 50+ feet in a mirror). The edge hooked the two right tires (#14 and #18) and tore the sidewalls. I called "Safety" to report it and reported the incident. I was in and out of the truck looking not to hit anything so often my legs hurt.

The company (J B Hunt) coded this incident as an "accident". Never heard of tires being coded as an accident before. I was terminated over this incident. I later contacted another company for possible employment and found they coded this "accident" as an intersection collision". Absurd!! How can this incident be coded as such?

I feel I was targeted for termination since my wife and I were wed on 12 May 2007. I needed a few days off and the upper mamagement gave my fleet manager alot of flak saying I hadn't earned the time off.

Scott
Turlock, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2007 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-B-Hunt-Transportation-Services/Lowell-Arkansas-72745/J-B-Hunt-Transportation-Services-Targeted-and-Wrongful-Termination-Lowell-Arkansas-251210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J B Hunt Transportation Services

You need to Get...

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

a copy of your D.A.C report and file a dispute on it.