Complaint Review: J B Hunt

• Submitted: Sun, February 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 08, 2009

• Reported By:sugarcreek Ohio
J B Hunt
jbhunt.com Lowell, Arkansas U.S.A.

J B Hunt calling ,scamming all drivers Lowell Arkansas

I was hired on as a midwest regional driver, the recruiter told me that i would be making $1000 per wk (1st lie). I went through orientation in columbus ohio on thursday I was told that I would be given a retal car and i would have to drive to st. louis Mo to pick up my trk and go home for the weekend. after getting to the st lois yrd I sent a msg saying that i had gotten my trk and was ready to roll but was informed that there were no lds going in the direction of home but that they were working on it. it took them till monday noon to get me rollin.

life on the rd was great for the first 3-4 mnths and then miles started getting shorter and shorter. after complaining several times that I was getting behind in bills and couldn't continue driving if I wasn't going to get more miles, my fm kept saying that I was getting more miles than most midwest drivers. so I called lance dewey my fm's supervisor and he assured me that thing would change, he seemed very understanding and sympathetic. things did change for a while but then slowly went back to the same old same old, pick up a ld one day drive 200 mls and deliver the following day and the end of the week with only 1000 miles and taking home $200-$300 a wk.

I started looking for a different comp to drive for, after recieving several calls from trk lines wanting me to come drive for them my fm got wind of me wanting to quit so she called me wanting to know what was wrong so I told her again, I'm not getting the miles to pay my bills, I'm not getting home for my time off. I was then given an opportunity to go to a dedicated loop from cleveland ohio to owensboro ky guaranteeing 2000-2500 miles a week, so I jumped on it knowing that that would get right by my house at least twice during the wk.

After the first week and 2700 miles later I noticed they had once again managed to screw me on pay, my pay had been dropped from $.37 to $.32 per mile without them telling me that by taking this loop I would be getting paid less, so now I get more miles, get home for the night a couple times a week but still dont make enough to live on.

I was told to sign up for per diem pay that i would save money but when I look at my miles and figure up my pay it never comes out right, for some reason when I drive 440 miles I get paid $88 which is $.20 per mile and then for per diem I will get $44 which is $.10 per mile any way I add it up I come up with $.30 per mile, where does the other $.02 go??? J B Hunt's pocket?? Either way you look at it the company, from the recruters right down to the fleet managers throughout the whole organazation are nothing but lying thieves who dont give a dam about anybody but themselves and their 9-5 job. you are out there on the road all by yourself working your a** off to make just enough to keep yourselves out of the homeless shelter, while they live the high life on your expense.

So all in all unless you have nothing else to do sitting there debt free with millions in the bank dont depend the well being of yourself or your family to the lying cheating likes of J. B. HUNT

Broke driver
sugarcreek, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2009 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-B-Hunt/Lowell-Arkansas/J-B-Hunt-calling-scamming-all-drivers-Lowell-Arkansas-421700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J B Hunt