Complaint Review: J D Byrider

• Submitted: Thu, July 22, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 22, 2004

• Reported By:Newark Ohio
J D Byrider
3571 W. Broad St. Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

J D Byrider, ripoff Columbus Ohio

The stories are all the same. After I purchased a mini-van at the Broad Street location I immediately started have problems and even though I purchased the warranty plan, I still ended up having to pay out the pocket. I paid on the vechile regularly for months with no problems and was also ahead a week or two. The head machanic at the Hamilton Rd. location was extremely professional and nice and tried to help me in any way he could. However I took the vechile in time and time again before the first problem was finally solved and I would be without transportation for days at a time just waiting.

Finally I dropped the vechile off at the dealership and told them that I had had it with the problem after problem. They assured me it would be taken care of. After a couple of weeks I got calls saying my payment was past due and I had to take care of that before anything could be done. I refused to do that. About a week later, someone called and said that if I would get caught up I could trade the vechile in and get another automobile since I had had so many problems. This was done because of the machanic that I mention who spoke to them saying I was a good paying customer and had been in for repairs a number of time. When I went in in person to talk to someone about this possibility I was told this was not an option and treated like a criminal. At that point I told them what they could do with the vechile.

So many people was involved with conversations that no one knew what the other was saying or I was told that so and so did not have the authorization to promise such and such. It was a nightmare. After and during this incident, I encountered 2 other people who was having similiar problems. It's all the same story with different players.

Paul
Newark, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2004 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-D-Byrider/Columbus-Ohio-43228/J-D-Byrider-ripoff-Columbus-Ohio-100041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J D Byrider