Complaint Review: J D Byrider

• Submitted: Mon, May 01, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 06, 2007

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
J D Byrider
7776 N. 76th Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

J D Byrider ripoff - purchasing a lemon vehicle - overpaid for vehicle, punished for bad credit Milwaukee Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Stay away from this company!

I purchased a vehicle from JD Byrider about five months ago and as others have stated, was given a choice of three cars. One car (1999 Cutless) was so filthy on the inside until it was unbearable ($10,000), one car (2000) Dodge Carivan rusted through and through with a very ragged interior ($10,999) price tag and the one I bought, a 1997 (Buick) with a ripped and torn rag top for $10,999. I was in the position I was in because of a horrible truck accident and lost a brand new home, new car, everything because neither me or my husband was able to work. I heard of JD Byrider and thought they would give us a fresh start. We were able to choose from three vehicles that did lost value as soon as you drove off the lot, and all were damaged in some way. The cars we wanted to purchase on the lot which were closer to book value $11,100, were not availble to us, even with a larger down payment.

In five months the car has had radiator problems, drive train problems, a front end that vibrates over 65 mph at times, shocks (replaced by Byrider and replaced several times because the mechanics forgot pieces), tires replaced with front end work, the car leaks from the trunk into the back seat and smells horrible whenever the weather gets warm.

I have asked them to replace this car since the first week we had it. My dogs, which seem to have more sense than me or my husband, is terrified to ride in the car. They used to love traveling and now, would much rather stay at home than ride in the car.

I am an honest person and would think people, "allegedly" helping people with bad credit, would stop cheating them and making big bucks off of them. It's very sad that JD Byrider preys on the poor - - people who have hit hard times (which, by the way, is not always due to their negligence), and are like snakes in the grass just waiting to strike. I am very angry because there is no recourse. They sit and tape you when you buy a car, which I thought was peculiar, but now I know that it was taped because they want to make sure that you know you're getting screwed and, what's more pathetic, you're agreeing to them screwing you.

If anyone has any answers, please let me know. The people at JD Byrider are difficult to deal with, especially when there's a problem!

Shirley
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2006 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-D-Byrider/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53223/J-D-Byrider-ripoff-purchasing-a-lemon-vehicle-overpaid-for-vehicle-punished-for-bad-c-189405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J D Byrider

Stay away from this company!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Stay away from JD Byrider!
The prices on their cars are outrageous, and FAR above what they're worth. (I was on a lot of theirs recently, and didn't see anything under $10k...and almost everything had almost 100k miles on it!)

The interest they charge is bogus. (My deal was financed at 26%!)

AND, they sell JUNK. I have heard many complaints about vehicles purchased there, and had a LOT of problems with the one I bought there.

It's a "let's get rich quick by ripping people off" operation.