Complaint Review: J D Byrider

• Submitted: Thu, April 03, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, April 03, 2003

• Reported By:sandusky Ohio
J D Byrider
2000 Cleveland Rd. Sandusky Sandusky, Ohio U.S.A.

J D Byrider Ohio ripoff and fraud on warranty aggreement fraudulent ripoff business Sandusky Ohio

Well I bought the car in September 19th 2002. I test drove it and the sales guy called my house twice. I told him I wanted a 1997 and up. I am paying almost 300.00 a month for a 1997. He said all I had to do was get my boyfriend to write a letter stating that he paid the rent and I did not. He was not to be a cosigner and that was it. They said I did not make enough.

But I do. Then when we got there Anthony(car salesman) said it was not going to work, that he had to be put on as a cosigner. And we were pissed. Because he did not say that on the phone and when we were there before. The car has a warranty stated 1 month 1,000 and 12 months/12,000 miles.

Now I was like ok. That will cover damages. So we took the car to drive, the wheel was loose. and we talk to a mechanic, who had said get the brakes fixed, gaskets and check transmission fluids. Those are known to go out on Chevy malibu's. So That was part of the agreement on my contract. Had to schedule that and we took the car made an appointment, which was a month later, because of all the d**n cars that was being fixed.

And we really needed a car because I work 14 miles outside were I live and the transit which is city transportation, was ending its route to were I work. So i had to do something. I signed paperwork and the car came to 12,500.00 bucks, but the window price is 8,000. Which there are charging extra 900.00 for extended warranty I was thinking o.k. this is for a extra year, thats cool. But it is not because they have a lawsuit going on now for fraudalent warranty.

My car went to the shop all they fix was the steering wheel, I was pissed, did not see any thing on the work order for the other things I requested. this was in october a month i got the car, then the car was in there again 2-weeks later for the battery and altenator gone out of it. They charge us 50.00 for it then 2-weeks later my coolant was splattering out. THis was before thanksgiving and I was to leave town for columbus, ohio and toledo,ohio. They fixed it, but it did not have antifreeze in it, and it was gone when they said they did it was gone within a couple of hours. I called again pissed. Its a 2 days before thanksgiving. I took it in and we still owed 30.00 bucks they said they will take care of it, and did not, then the manager Mike, said he's going to send it to firestone to change the fluid. He had said what fluid did you use, and I stated the regular antifreeze, thats what you guys told me to use.

It was the wrong fluid, the car needed gm dexcool fluid. So that was that time, now the car makes a screeching noise from that, and they said they fixed it again here for the 5 and 6th this time. I had my car inspected and the brakes on driver side were bad, this is what I asked to fix the first time. Its just now gettin done a whole 4months later. But it is still making a noise and I have to go back again. Also my abs light was flashing on and off. But they want you to pay though. So I advise no one to get a car from there. I'm stuck and know one can help me.

Yvonne
sandusky, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2003 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-D-Byrider/Sandusky-Ohio-44870/J-D-Byrider-Ohio-ripoff-and-fraud-on-warranty-aggreement-fraudulent-ripoff-business-Sandus-51473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J D Byrider