• Report: #205847

• Submitted: Sat, August 12, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2008

• Reported By:Graham North Carolina
J Guess & Company
3420 Toringdon Way, Suite 330 Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

J Guess & Company not paying employees, not funded Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Oh, yeah.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Settlement Reached With Mr. Jeff

*Author of original report: Settlement reached with J. Guess & Company, JD Guess

*Author of original report: Outstanding Warrant for JD Guess in NC

*Author of original report: JD Guess arrested in past in NC for worthless checks

*Author of original report: Another JD Guess lawsuit

*Author of original report: Repost: Guess convicted in check deception case

*Author of original report: Guess convicted in check deception case

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

*Author of original report: Police search bank accounts of JD Guess

*Author of original report: News media, police looking into Mr. Guess

I noticed another report regarding several of the companies "owned" by J.D. Guess (aka Jerry Guess, aka J. Demario Guess). Like the other report I saw by "S", I was hired by Mr. Guess to be part of a new "consulting" company he was forming. After opening a bank account on his behalf and being promised that he had the the funds to deposit into the company's bank account, he failed to do so. This led to all of the initial paychecks for 5 employees (myself and Mr. Guess included) to bounce.

Since then, Mr. Guess has provided a plethora of excuses as to why he was not able to provide funds for the company. After no one got paid, it took a few weeks for everyone to eventually submit their resignations (3 total). Since then, we have calculated the amount owed to us and have started work with an attorney to collect pay due to us. Despite his claims of working to resolve the issues, I have not heard from him in some time. He apparently refused to sign for a Certified Letter I sent him (it came back to me) and has not yet funded the Wachovia account that the paychecks were drawn on.

I have worked with the others on some extensive research and discovered that Mr. Guess has created several companies in North Carolina. He has used a variety of name combinations as well as a variety of addresses (hard to tell which are real and which are not).

Please feel free to contact me if you are having similar trouble collecting from Mr. Guess.

J
Graham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2006 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-Guess-Company/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28277/J-Guess-Company-not-paying-employees-not-funded-Charlotte-North-Carolina-205847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J Guess & Company

Oh, yeah.

AUTHOR: Auburn Guy - (U.S.A.)

And like the late Mr. Nixon, you are STILL a crook, Mr. Guess, and the entire world knows it.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Settlement Reached With Mr. Jeff

AUTHOR: Jd Guess - (U.S.A.)

We have settled the matter with Mr. Jeff.

J.D. Guess

Settlement reached with J. Guess & Company, JD Guess

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

My dispute with J. Guess & Company, Inc., and J.D. Guess has been settled and resolved.

AUTHOR: Trin - (U.S.A.)

I been interviewed three times with Guess Enterprise Corporation recently. I start working for JD Guess in two days. I was just informed of these sites by a friend who did a little research on my "dream come true" job offer. PLEASE send me more information on these accusations because I really need to make a decision immediately.

Outstanding Warrant for JD Guess in NC

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

According to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office, as of April 17, 2007, there is an outstanding warrant on file for J.D. Guess. The department's web site only indicates the charge is "False Pretense". Link directly to the search results here:

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Just a quick update on some new info I have found. A recent search of the jail records for the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office revealed that JD Guess was arrested in December 2004 on three worthless check charges, one of them a felony (more than $2,000).

mcmf.co.mecklenburg.nc.us:3007/CICS/CJJL/CJIN01W

I do not know what happened to the charges nor do I know the outcome of the recent court hearing in his case involving Computing Resources. Hopefully someone does know and will contact me or post here.

Another JD Guess lawsuit

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

In addition to my own lawsuit against JD Guess, I recently ran across a docket entry for Mecklenburg County (NC) civil court for case number 06-CVS-011615. This is for the case Computing Resources, Inc. v. JD Guess Companies LLC and Jerry D. Guess.

The docket entry indicates the case filed in June 2006. However, the plaintiffs have not been able to serve JD Guess.

The docket is located at:

Just for reference, my own case has been assigned number 06-CVS-21101.

Repost: Guess convicted in check deception case

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

For anyone interested, Mr. Guess recently plead guilty to a charge of check deception in Indiana. He was originally charged with several more counts, but decided to accept a plea agreement. Amongst those who are owed money for bounced checks in the case, involving Daryl's Pastry Shop, were some of the employees. Kind of a common theme for Mr. Guess.

You can read more about it here:
(( link removed by ROR))

Mr. Guess bought that bakery back in 2004.

If anyone is interested, I have filed my own lawsuit against JD Guess. Contact me if you would like more info.

Jeff - Graham, North Carolina

Guess convicted in check deception case

You can read more about it here:
(( link removed by ROR))

Mr. Guess bought that bakery back in 2004.

#16 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Carol Ann - (U.S.A.)

There is a way of getting back at them and you get 10% for all the apparent fraud they are committing, against employees. You can go to Internal Revenue.gov and download form 3949A. It may take from 6 months to 1 year to see the fruits of your labors, but 10% of what Internal Revenue finds wrong will be worth the effort! Good luck.

Police search bank accounts of JD Guess

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

For anyone following, please know that I am in contact with law enforcement agencies that are investigating Mr. Jerry DeMario Guess, JD Guess, the owner of this and a bunch of other companies.

On September 11, 2006, WSOC-TV posted a short story on their web site:

wsoctv.com/news/9822378/detail.html

concerning police executing a search of Mr. Guess's bank accounts.

fwiw, the web site for his latest "company" is jguessco.com. You can find a short statement about him there.

Also, Mr. Guess has apparently decided to setup a myspace account which you should be able to access using this url:

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=106390763

Hope this helps and look for an update on a pending lawsuit soon!

J.

News media, police looking into Mr. Guess

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

For more on Mr. Guess, you might want to view this report from WSOC-TV in Charlotte. Mr. Guess tried to get onto the school board and now it has been revealed there are many people investigating him and the money he owes.