Complaint Review: J & J Moving & Auto Transport

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Randy Blohm — Ottawa Ontario
J & J Moving & Auto Transport
Unit # 12, 271 Glidden Rd Internet United States of America

J & J Moving & Auto Transport promised to ship my car and failed to fullfil the contract, which cost me an extra $350 to get the car myself Internet

I booked and shipped a vehicle from Edmonton Alberta to Ottawa Ontario and was told by the company that the vehicle would be delivered by 18 Dec 12 to my residence in Ottawa. When the vehicle did not arrive I contacted the company and was advised that they were closed for Christmas, however to text a number (416-835-7800) which I did and was texted back by Ryan, and was advised that the vehicle was in his warehouse in Brampton and he could not arrange a shipper to bring it to Ottawa.

I suggested to Ryan that I could travel to Brampton and pick up my vehicle if he would reimburse me my travel costs of $350. for fuel and auto transport trailer rental from U-haul to which he agreed and I recieved a confirmation text from 416-877-5932 who advised that it was fine and I could pick up the vehicle which I arranged for 24 Dec 12. Upon my arrival I was told that the $ 350. refund was going to be sent to me, which never arrived.

I also paid an extra $ 355 to have the vehicle shipped inside a container, and when I saw it in the warehouse it was absolutely filthy and appeared to be shipped on an open transport truck, I even found chicken nuggets on the passenger seat.

I left numerous messages with all of the company's numbers and personal cell which were not being returned. I subsequently contacted Canada's Better Business Bureau  and filed a complaint with them. They got back to me approx 1 month later and said that the company would also not return their calls so there was nothing else they could do unless I wanted to take the company to small claims court.

This company has no morals and will ripe you off any way they can DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY and hopefully spread the word so we can put them out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-J-Moving-Auto-Transport/internet/J-J-Moving-Auto-Transport-promised-to-ship-my-car-and-failed-to-fullfil-the-contract-1040282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J & J Moving & Auto Transport