Complaint Review: J. K. Harris & Company

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:east wareham Massachusetts
J. K. Harris & Company
4995 Lacross Rd SUITE 1800 Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

J. K. Harris & COMPANYJ. K. Harris & Company I am another victim of JKharris, only lost about $300 but lots have lost thousands Charleston South Carolina

Very pleasant initially, until they have bank account # to withdraw monthly payments to pay for their services. For 3 months withdrawals were made while they did NOTHING more than to notify the feds they were taking over my tax problems. After 3 months (and several calls from me) there was no action from Harris co. & the feds froze my checking account, took the last $247.00, and sent my checks bouncing.

MY desperate calls to JKHarris were met with either answering machines or apathy and outright rudeness from their reps. I was left on my own to deal with the feds, as they continued to ignore and/or belittle my pleas. I stopped the auto withdrawal from my then empty account and even wrote two letters in protest of their business practices, one personally addressed to harris himself.

To no avail, after what they called "an extensive investigation" of themselves, I was told they did nothing wrong and would not reimburse the several hundred they had withdrawn from my account. After this awful experience with them, I went on line to see if there were other unhappy/abused customers, and found there are MANY, some have written about paying harris/company thousands of dollars, while getting the same indignant treatment I got.

I feel I am lucky to only be scammed out of several hundred, while others have lost SO MUCH MORE .No wonder the tax consultant companies have such a awful reputation, as the one who claims to be America's largest operates the way JKHarris does.

Maura l
east wareham, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-K-Harris-Company/Charleston-South-Carolina-229406/J-K-Harris-COMPANYJ-K-Harris-Company-I-am-another-victim-of-JKharris-only-lost-ab-427613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J. K. Harris & Company