Complaint Review: J L Kirk Associates

• Submitted: Fri, September 23, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 23, 2005

• Reported By:Middleton Wisconsin
J L Kirk Associates
10 Terrace Ct., Ste. 201 Madison, Wisconsin U.S.A.

J L Kirk Associates ripoff! Put $3,800 or $4,500 on your credit card to look at Monster.com! Madison Wisconsin

I got emailed by these shysters, they probably saw my resume at Monster.com or America's Job Bank. They said that they could "market me effectively" to the "hidden job market".

I brought my usual mixed functional/chronological resume and the V.P. there said it was weak, they could restructure it to sell my many obvious strengths.

They had me fill out two short questionnaires to assess my job goals and strengths.

The V.P. was endlessly positive and upbeat, telling me that they'd get me a top-quality position in 10-12 weeeks.

My resume is the usual construct, built to obscure periods of unemployment. HR at companies usually reject it out of hand with no interview, or pick it apart in the interview.

These guys think I'm god's gift? If it seems too good to be true-- it IS too good to be true! You are NOT special! Don't believe their hype speil about your unique special 50 year old's talents-- you're still screwed due to ageism!

THE KICKER: V.P. finally gives me the bill-- either $4,500 for three years of service, or $3,800 for one year's service-- TO PUT ON YOUR CREDIT CARD UPFRONT!!!

I told the guy I don't have cards, don't use cards, and inquired why, if their service is for a time period, why I wouldn't pay it over the period that I earned the money. He replied, "You can't pay your attorney over time."

WRONG!!! JL Kirk's service is represented as covering a time period, not a one-time event like going to court.

What a scam. If they believed in the quality of their service, you'd pay as you earned your income from your fine new position!!!

Middleton, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2005 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-L-Kirk-Associates/Madison-Wisconsin-53718/J-L-Kirk-Associates-ripoff-Put-3800-or-4500-on-your-credit-card-to-look-at-Monsterco-158119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J L Kirk Associates