Complaint Review: J P Media Ventures - Interactive Adiotext Services - Ruby S

• Updated: Thu, October 30, 2003

• Reported By:Verona New Jersey
J P Media Ventures - Interactive Adiotext Services - Ruby S
Internet U.S.A.

J P Media Ventures - Interactive Adiotext Services - Ruby S Criminal activity suspected sharing forwarding stolen Credit Card numbers Internet

In August of 2003, discovered a charge on my Acct, under the listing Ruby S. When I called the 800 # on the credit card bill, they advised they were a 3rd party billing company and said the item was an 'adult toy'. I disputed the purchase and thought it was a typo on account number or some such.

Today my credit card company contacted me regarding suspicious activity. JP Media Ventures had billed $149, and Interactive Adiotext was $5 (I think). They suggested I replace the card. I mentioned the August billing and they advised that all 3 companies and/or transactions appeared to be generated in the United Kingdom. So I suspect that the information (stolen credit card #s) are being passed on to others.

I did not try to research or contact any of these companies since my credit card company was not expecting me to pay the charges.

Good luck to other victims!!

Nancy
Verona, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2003 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-P-Media-Ventures-Interactive-Adiotext-Services-Ruby-S/internet/J-P-Media-Ventures-Interactive-Adiotext-Services-Ruby-S-Criminal-activity-suspected-sh-70560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J P Media Ventures - Interactive Adiotext Services - Ruby S