Complaint Review: J & V's Burgers & Pizza

• Reported By: munchies — Lake Cowichan British Columbia
J & V's Burgers & Pizza
162 South Shore Road, Lake Cowichan, , British Columbia Canada

J & V's Burgers & Pizza Pricing rip off! Lake Cowichan British Columbia Canada

Steer clear of this jip joint unless you are prepared to pay 30% more than the advertised price at the till. The menu with pricing is posted at the front door. I ordered two items, one priced @ $6.99 & the other @ $4.50. When I went to pay I was charged $9.25 & $5.00 for these same two items.

When I complained about the overcharge they immediately pulled out a copy of the posted menu & pointed to some small print stating "Prices subject to change." They asked me if I wanted my money back & I said no, I just want my order at the advertising price. One of the owners arrogantly said "that's not going to happen" and slammed my refund down on the counter.

They were so ready for my complaint that pointing out the "prices subject to change" is obviously part of their business strategy. They apparently aren't aware that the law states they must sell their goods at the advertised price & if there are differing prices advertised they must sell them at the lower of the two prices. Printing prices subject to change is not a legal out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-Vs-Burgers-Pizza/British-Columbia-V0R2G0/J-amp-Vs-Burgers-amp-Pizza-Pricing-rip-off-Lake-CowichannbspBritish-Columbia-Cana-1079094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J & V's Burgers & Pizza