Complaint Review: J. Worthington Direct Finance

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: KDH0607 — Aurora Internet United States of America
J. Worthington Direct Finance
7 Belmont Road Kingston, Jamaica St. Andrew W.I. Internet United States of America

J. Worthington Direct Finance Rachel Adams, Brian Smith- picked up the funds, and Christine Stevens. Secured a $15,000K loan with $1000k- SCAM , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not much you can do.

I was approved for a $15K loan by Rachel Adams. Long story short she required me to wire the money toBrian Smith- only person authorized to retrieve the funds. I sent my only money to them and was advised to wait 2-4 hours. Then overnight...and 24 hours later I have not received the $15k. I've sent emails I've called all day, and I have received no response. I want my money back! Help me!!!! Please!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-Worthington-Direct-Finance/internet/J-Worthington-Direct-Finance-Rachel-Adams-Brian-Smith-picked-up-the-funds-and-Christi-978001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J. Worthington Direct Finance

Not much you can do.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I want my money back! Help me!!!! Please!!! "

That's very unlikely.    This is called the Advance Fee Loan Scam.   The names of the companies and the people you've been talking to are made up.  Although you say that you "wired" the money to the scammers, I feel safe in guessing that this was a Western Union transfer rather than a real bank wire.   Scammers can't use bank wires because that would leave a paper trail.  They insist on W.U. because they can pick up your cash and disappear without a trace.

Legitimate lenders do not use untraceable W.U. personal transfers, nor do they require advance payments or insurance payments as a condition of a loan.   That would be illegal.   If a potential lender asks you to do either of these things, you know they are not legit.

The FTC has a web page about this scam here :