Complaint Review: J and J auto Sales

• Reported By: A — Jensen Beach Florida United States of America
J and J auto Sales
6145 S US Highway 1 Ft Pierce, Florida United States of America

J and J auto Sales TOOK MY MONEY AND LEFT ME WITH NO CAR Ft Pierce , Florida

*Consumer Comment: He's at it again!

J and J Auto sold us a $5,500 car for $8,000 by charging us 32% intrest plus a $300+ dealer fee. When I took the car to school and got off 95 on the third trip, my radiator exploded. We called them and told us to take it there to be looked at.

They originally said that it would be $175 to fix the radiator. When we found out that we could do it ourselves for cheaper, we went to get the car (after about a week) and they said they already fixed it and we owed them $610 because the thermostat, radiator, and water pump were replaced.

We set up payment arrangements, and drove the car away almost a month later because originally we did not have $610. It almost immediately began to overheat. The water pump was never changed and when my father changed out the thermostat himself, it was corroded and rusted, but they claimed to have already done this work.

After another mechanic tried to fix it, they head gasket was blown (previous problem) and eventually the motor ceased. I left it in the park space and stopped making payments, and they towed it away. We got screwed by J and J, do not let it happen to you.

Ultimately, we only paid $300 towards the "repair" bill, but we NEVER signed anything to allow them to fix it... They did it and billed us for it with no receipt given.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2011 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-and-J-auto-Sales/Ft-Pierce-Florida-34952/J-and-J-auto-Sales-TOOK-MY-MONEY-AND-LEFT-ME-WITH-NO-CAR-Ft-Pierce-Florida-716928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J and J auto Sales

He's at it again!

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

I see Rick Lovelace is at it again taking advantage of people and ripping them off bigtime! This guy has been a crook for YEARS!!!! He'd rob his own Mom if he could away with it. Too bad you didn't see my report above on how he ripped me off before you bought anything from him. And, I'm a disabled person. If he's willing to steal from the handicapped, what kind of person does that tell you of who is is? One word L-O-S-E-R !!!!! STAY FAR AWAY FROM J&J AUTO SALES !!!