Complaint Review: J and S Used Engines LLC

• Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: Calvin — Conroe Texas
J and S Used Engines LLC
12826 1/2 Hempstead Rd Suite B Houston, Texas USA

J and S Used Engines LLC Bad engine swap, virtually no warranty work Houston Texas

The head gasket in my 1993 Civic blew.  J and S seemed to have the best deal for engine replacements, so I took my car to them.

They took 2-3 weeks longer than their original estimate to fix the car, and when I got it back the engine check light was on, and the car was running rough.  I could also tell from valve guide-induced smoke that the engine was NOT a low mileage one.

I took the car to a Honda dealer, and they said the oxygen sensor and EACV were bad.  I replaced both, but still had the same problems.

So I took the car back to J and S.  Every time I called they told me what they had done, and that the car should be easy to fix.  But they never actually fixed it, and as near as I can tell all they did was hook up the ECU once to read its error codes.  J&S had the car for 3 months.   I just got my car back.  Due to the crappy job they did - and other factors - I'll probably end up junking the car. I'm sure never using their services again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2013 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-and-S-Used-Engines-LLC/Houston-Texas-77385/J-and-S-Used-Engines-LLC-Bad-engine-swap-virtually-no-warranty-work-Houston-Texas-1047458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J and S Used Engines LLC