Complaint Review: J2 *EFAX PLUS

• Submitted: Mon, August 30, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 30, 2010

• Reported By: Blue63 — Panhandle Florida United States of America
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th Floor Los Angeles, California United States of America

J2 *EFAX PLUS Credit Card Fraud, Internet Scam Los Angeles, California

Imagine my surprise to find four charges (2 for $1 and 2 for $179.50) show up on my credit card statement this afternoon from a company that I have never done business with much less heard of.  My husband called the number supplied with the transaction only to be told that they need him to provide them with his credit card number before they can assist......Yeah, I bet they do.....Needless to say when he told them he was going to press charges for the fraudulent activity they wanted to put him on hold.

Our next calls were to the credit card company and our banking institution to find out what we could do since we did not authorize the charges.  The credit card company shut down our cards and both told us there's nothing that can be done until the charges clear our account (since they just hit hours ago they are still pending).

At this point all I can say is thank goodness for fraud protection, but this makes me very uneasy about doing business on the net which is about the only time this card is used.

Beware of this company and their scheming, coniving ways.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2010 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J2-EFAX-PLUS/Los-Angeles-California-/J2-EFAX-PLUS-Credit-Card-Fraud-Internet-Scam-Los-Angeles-California-635800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J2 *EFAX PLUS