Complaint Review: J2 EFAX

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego California
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th Floor Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

J2 EFAX Beware of J2 EFAX automated charges and NO REFUND policy! Los Angeles California

I was charged $163.48 for one year of service from EFax in July 2007. I had tried to cancel my service, but they stated they had a NO REFUND policy and urged me to keep the account active for the year before I cancelled so I would at least get use of the year I had just paid for. So I kept it active but specifically marked it my calendar to cancel my EFax # and service on June 30, 2008.

Before the year was even up, EFax charged my credit card for another year of service on for $169.50 in May 2008, even though I never authorized any type of auto-payment. I went ahead and tried to cancel the service on June 29,2008, before my year term from the previous charge in 2007 should have been up. Upon the cancellation of my account, I was notified AGAIN that there is a NO REFUND policy with this company. EFax refused to issue a credit. The EFax representative urged me to keep the account for the remainder of the year, as I would not be receiving a refund anyway; this is exactly how EFax got me to keep my account for the previous year after the charge in 2007!

This time around though, they charged my account without my authorization it was before the year-end for my current term so I was well within a reasonable timeframe to cancel my service, they did NOT notify me before any charge was made, and they did not even have the right billing address or current credit card number correct for my account (they had my previous credit card number, but the charge still went through as my old credit card number is tied to my new card number).

EFax refuses to budge on their no refund policy, so I am now working with my credit card company to handle this matter. My advice is to save yourself the headache and DON'T get fax to email service with this company, who obviously has no regard or appreciation for their customers AT ALL.

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J2-EFAX/Los-Angeles-California-90028/J2-EFAX-Beware-of-J2-EFAX-automated-charges-and-NO-REFUND-policy-Los-Angeles-California-345970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J2 EFAX