Complaint Review: J2 Efax Plus services

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Faysky — Thame Other United Kingdom
J2 Efax Plus services
eFax j2 Global Ireland Ltd. Unit 3, Woodford Busin Internet United States of America

J2 Efax Plus services Unable to cancel directly had use American Express to find a contact NO REFUNDS Dublin 17 Internet

In 2009 I tried out a free trial version of EFax email faxing programme.I believe the trial was a special offer for 2 months but it did not work with my telephone line or equipment so I declined.
In December 2012 I noticed a bill on my American Express account for J2 Efax Plus for 9.23
As I have had a new credit card since 2009 with a new expiry date etc I cannot understand this charge..I have no recurring charges on my account so I am not mistaken! I have not noticed this before. I have certainly not renewed any card with anyone.
I tried many telephone numbers for this company which only give you a recorded message telling you to sign up. There is no facility to cancel. American Express finally put me through to a real person and said they had agreed to cancel and refund the money. Ha ha big joke...it took 45 minutes of being told I had to renew...they then demanded my credit card number and when I refused became abusive. As I was phoning via Amex I gave my number but no other information at all. They read out my address and phone number which is actually different to that used in 2009!
I threatened them with legal action citing American Express if they did not cancel this at once. I already had sent them a copy of what I sent to The Office of Fair Trading.
They agreed to cancel finally and reluctantly said they would refund the December payment. They also agreed I had never used the service...ever!
This is a violation of consumer rights as I have never ever agreed to anything other than a free 2 month trial which did not work.
Fay UK

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J2-Efax-Plus-services/internet/J2-Efax-Plus-services-Unable-to-cancel-directly-had-use-American-Express-to-find-a-contac-999041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J2 Efax Plus services