Complaint Review: J2 Global Communications (eFax)

• Submitted: Sat, February 09, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: D Figueroa — Riverside California United States of America
J2 Global Communications (eFax)

J2 Global Communications (eFax) eFax efax, free trial, fraud Internet

I signed up for their 30-day free trial. It was supposed to be free for the first 30 days and the $10 activation fee would be waived.  They would process a $1.00 fee on the credit only to make sure it was valid, then after 30-days the $16.95 fee would be charged.  Unbeknownst to me, they not only charged the $1.00, but they also charged a fee of $26.95.  This fee caused my account to be overdrawn and was charged a $34 fee from my bank.  I called eFax and after speaking to two different agents, they agreed to refund the $26.95 only after I sent them the link where I saw the 30 day free trial.  They would not reimburse me for the $34 fee as it was not their fee.  They advised me that I should have had the money in the account even though it was a 30-day free trial.  After asking the agent, Asim, to provide me documentation where it states that I had to have the money in my account during the 30-day trial period, he then said he would file a report but I would have to email him a copy of my bank statement that shows the bank fee.  That's where it is at now.  I am wondering how many more people is this happening to that they aren't getting their money back and just not fighting it.  I wish there was an attorney that would take on this class-action suit.  They even advised me that no one has called in at all to complain about the 30-day trial.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J2-Global-Communications-eFax/internet/J2-Global-Communications-eFax-eFax-efax-free-trial-fraud-Internet-1011474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J2 Global Communications (eFax)