Complaint Review: J2 Global

• Updated: Fri, September 27, 2013

• Reported By: dgastel — Brooklyn New York
J2 Global
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th floor Los Angeles, California USA

J2 Global eFax 30 day free trial period promised but was charged steeply instead Los Angeles California

I googled for online fax services and found efax.com.  The efax sales agent who answered the phone suggested I sign up for a 30 day trial period.  "You won't be charged until the 30 day trial expires, except for a $1.00 charge to test your account.  You may cancel anytime during that 30 days and you won't be charged."

I signed up, canceled the service after one day, and a month later a $26.95 charge for "J2 *EFAX PLUS SERVICE" appeared on my credit card bill.  I called J2 Global again and spoke with a sales agent.  What would happen if I signed up for the service and canceled within one day?  Would I get a full refund?  The sales person answered:  "you would not be charged a single penny.  We don't bill you until your 30 day trial period has ended, apart from a $1.00 test charge..."  The same story as before.  "But that is not what has happened," I said.  She confirmed my credentials and the fact that I had been charged, and transfered me to customer service.

Customer service looked into the record.  "You didn't sign up for the 30 day trial.  You signed up for the actual service."  "But I signed up through your sales agent," I protested.  The customer service agent grew very stern:  "I'm sorry we can't help you with that..."

I hung up fulminating about how I would report efax to the district attorney.  I hope this report puts a damper on efax and its business model.  Avoid these crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2013 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J2-Global/Los-Angeles-California-90028/J2-Global-eFax-30-day-free-trial-period-promised-but-was-charged-steeply-instead-Los-Ange-1087916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J2 Global