Complaint Review: JACKSON HEWITT TAX COMPANY

• Submitted: Mon, January 25, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 29, 2010

• Reported By: Liz — houston Texas U.S.A.
JACKSON HEWITT TAX COMPANY
HOUSTON, Texas United States of America

JACKSON HEWITT TAX COMPANY OMG! DO NOT GET YOUR TAXES DONE AT JACKSON HEWITT RIP OFF PRO'S!! HOUSTON, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: re

When I tell you this is the biggest rip off of the century I kidd you not...do not get your taxes done at JACKSON HEWITT...if you do you will be sorry...besides charging you a huge fee and lie and tell you that you will get your tax money the next day...the next day you get nothing!!

I went to JACKSONHEWITT...to get my taxes done fast and get my money which I needed to pay some urgent bills..I told this to the guy that was doing my taxes..he said they use Republic Bank they will send a check as long as nothing from the IRS will hold your check up...I told them I had a student loan that was in good standing and that was it...he assured me that it would be no problem..I told him if it was then please do not do my taxes...

Got a call the next day saying that the IRS accepted my taxes but nothing else..so we went up there to pick up the check...and was told that WE DID NOT PASS A CREDIT CHECK...A CREDIT CHECK?? what?? we ask what does credit have to do with anything...I do not have good credit and if you would have told me that I would not have allowed you to do my taxes...then we were told that if would take 10days and that they would call....I told them we could have done that ourself...THESE PEOPLE ARE LIARS AND THE FEES WAS OVER 200 DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING WE COULD HAVE DONE OURSELF FOR FREE!! something has to be done with these liars...they are taken advantage of people and lying. ALL I CAN SAY IS DON'T USE JACKSON HEWITT...I WISH TO GOD I WOULD HAVE LOOK THEM UP FIRST.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2010 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JACKSON-HEWITT-TAX-COMPANY/HOUSTON-Texas-77090/JACKSON-HEWITT-TAX-COMPANY-OMG-DO-NOT-GET-YOUR-TAXES-DONE-AT-JACKSON-HEWITT-RIP-OFF-PRO-559929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JACKSON HEWITT TAX COMPANY

#1 Consumer Suggestion

re

AUTHOR: Taraos - (U.S.A.)

In order to apply for the RAL, you have to file your taxes with the IRS.  Once the return is accepted, the bank determines if you should get the RAL.  If you get denied, the RAL automatically flips to an Assisted Refund as there is no way to unfile your taxes once they are filed.

The actual approval process is not disclosed to Jackson Hewitt, meaning your preparer can't line out the actual criteria for the loan and give you a solid yes / no answer.  As long as you don't owe the government any money or the bank issuing the loan, you're usually in good shape.  The bank will also check your return for "red flags".  This can be a lot of things, EIC w/ self employment is a good example.

Whoever told you you failed a credit check was probably wrong.  The bank does not disclose the reason for your denial to Jackson Hewitt.  You will get a letter from the bank with a 1-800 number you can call to find out the real reason you were denied.

Ultimately, the Bank is the one that denied your loan, not Jackson Hewitt.  All Jackson Hewitt actually does is file your tax return and act as a third party between you and the bank to provide you with a product / service you want.