Complaint Review: JAMES DONATO

• Updated: Thu, October 08, 2009

• Reported By: PES — Quarryville Pennsylvania USA
JAMES DONATO
525 B Street - Suite 1500 San DIego, California United States of America

JAMES DONATO - Capitol Publishing Took my CC # for a public notice add and used it for paying for dry cleaning San DIego, California

*Consumer Suggestion: You should also contact the CC company.

I found Capitol Publishing on the web while searching for a cheaper alternative to run a public notice add in the Louisville, KY area.  I received a quote for $200 from Mr. Donato (ie Capitol Publishing) for the add.  I gave my credit card # for payment.  Never saw the add or the paper, not sure if it exists.   I then found out that my card # was used to pay for dry cleaning in San Diego CA for $353.  I contacted the dry cleaners, they said Mr Donato showed them my email CC# and said I owed him money...they then used my CC# for payment.  I have turned the matter over to my attorney for action.....keep away from this firm!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2009 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JAMES-DONATO/San-DIego-California-92101/JAMES-DONATO-Capitol-Publishing-Took-my-CC-for-a-public-notice-add-and-used-it-for-pay-506303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JAMES DONATO

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You should also contact the CC company.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

The dry cleaner fraudulently processed the charge on your credit card.  He knew it didn't belong to the customer.    If you dispute the charge with the bank, it should be easily reversed.