cholesterol

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: KissMyButtJB — Richfield Ohio United States of America
JB Dollar Stretcher
3105 Farnham Rd Richfield OH Richfield, Ohio United States of America

JB Dollar Stretcher JB Dollar, The Cheap Escape Company The Worst Employer Ever - Thought they abolished slavery! Richfield, Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: dear confused?

*Consumer Comment: Question

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Rodger lives in fantasyand

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: JB DOLLAR

*Author of original report: Thank you for the support

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tis the truth. Could not have said it better myself

I am a former employee of The Cheap Escape Co/J. B. Dollar Magazine.

Live and Learn. All I can say is if you see a co is constantly recruiting sales force on line, in magazines, etc.  And I mean all the time; they provably have a high turn over.

This is indeed the case w/J. B. Dollar Stretcher Magazine, or the Cheap Escape Co, or whatever the he** they want to refer to themselves.  For my own entertainment, I call them simply Satan.

They hire you and tell you that you are going to earn a base each week. LIE!  And earn commissions.  LIE! And that you make a ton of money on on line offers (similar to Groupon, but really sad offers for the most part copy cats of better company offers).  They do tell you that it is hard work to earn commission - that was the only truth I was ever told.  I worked my a$$ off with nothing to show.

What they DO NOT tell a person is that this :base" is not at all a salary, it is a draw.  Shame on me I guess for not asking to clarify this but I did not even know this is legal in Ohio.  This meant that each week they payed you a certain "base" against your future earnings called a draw.  This means that you are quickly in a hole.   This base is less than a minimum wage amount when you consider the hours you are required to work but enough to have you sinking like quick sand.

I sold and worked and put it long hours.  I had many print & on line customers. Each week I worked off a little bit of the draw but I never earned enough to break it and they kept paying the base.  Because as small as the base (draw) was it was all I had to live on. It took months and months and months to get past this advance that I had to take each week because there is no pay otherwise.   I thought slavery was abolished.

And the more you work and try to get out the faster you sink.  Because they also do not reimburse any expenses.  Not mileage.  Not gas for the car. Not postage. You even get charged against your commission if the customer bounces a check or payes by visa.  This makes it Totally Impossible to break that draw amount.

By the way, all the debate you read about postage is simple to explain.  They want you to drive all over Cleveland or Toledo or Wherever giving out the magazines when they come out.  They do not allow you to mail them; they require your to drive all over even though you are not being payed to do so!  Being able to mail them would be one small way to make life easier for employees.   But they are too greedy to give a crap.

I worked hard to break out of that draw amount, making me a virtual indentured servant.    I almost lost everything I owned while I worked for this company.

And they are so quick to sue over even $1 due to their greed.  (yes, ALL the claims on this board are 100% true).    They will sue customers, former employees, the printer or their own book (I laugh at how that backfired).

The employees are basically a sad and unhappy bunch because of the low pay, long hours, and lots of driving, and being required to constantly please Bob and Joan Minchak.   Their m.o. is to screw their employees, their customers, and their printer so they can live in their big house, with their big pool, and take big vacations about 4 times a year.

Bob and Joan Minchak will be sure to refute this post but I have documented proof of how hard I worked for J. B. Dollar Stretcher.  I know the harsh truth now - They are liars and greedy and can never be trusted.  They are like mean rattle snakes ready to strike at will.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JB-Dollar-Stretcher/Richfield-Ohio-44286/JB-Dollar-Stretcher-JB-Dollar-The-Cheap-Escape-Company-The-Worst-Employer-Ever-Thought-995324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JB Dollar Stretcher

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

dear confused?

AUTHOR: watchdog - (United States of America)

according to the people at the jb dollar corporate offices, almost everyone was dismissed.  no longer have jobs.  period!!!!they have no production department....someone applying for a job at jb dollar....best of luck....70-80 people lost their jobs Friday...unannounced with no warning.  you wish to apply with this company.  best of luck.  online deals.  would advise calling the wonderful owners and asking them the future of these deals.  good luck with that too.

Question

AUTHOR: prospective employee - (United States of America)

I am confused....if this company is out of business, why are they selling Deals through their Twitter account and on Facebook?  Will they be valid?

Also this is posted on their Facebook page, my friend is talking about applying.  Posted February 18th.

Hey, Facebook Fans! We have career opportunities for Advertising Sales Representatives in all of our markets! Online and Print Sales! We are seeking applicants in Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Toledo, Dayton, Youngstown and Columbus! College Grads, learn advertising! Please email jbbob@jbdollar.com.

Are they out of business in Cleveland or not??  So confused!!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rodger lives in fantasyand

AUTHOR: watchdog - (United States of America)

I just read the rebutttal by Rodger.  A former client of the minchaks, turned vp of sales, who had his nose so far the minchaks buttholes, it was disguisting.  His city was shut down, he lost his job in a few years after relocating from Florida.   Now apparently he is moving into fantasy land.  To defend this company is utterly appalling.  Ask the 70-80 people who just lost their jobs at jb dollar!!!!!!Ask them how great the people he defends are after submarining their entire staff!!!!Moving to a beach house in Florida.   Must be nice.  Screw long term employees, then move to sunny Miami.  sounds like something the minchaks would do

Rodger, you say

"It's easy to point fingers and say, "they're the reason why I wasn't successful." You'll never be a salesman if you continue to blame others for your lack of ability to close a contract.

To Joan & Bob, enjoy your vacations you guys earned it....... 26 years in the business.

AND, enjoy your new home on the waterfront in Miami Florida.".

Rodger, how much did you sell?  how god a salesperson are you?  why was your market the first to close?  wow  maybe you suck at selling?

It is comforting to know that an individual like yourself can make such comments.   In my few dealings with you, I found you to be in lala land anmd making no sense at all.  Never making sense and certainly not in tune with the real

world.  Funny how 1 ex-employee praises, the rest of the world that interacted with them says opposite.   Rodger, tell Mickey Mouse we all said HI.  Go back to fantasyland.  May you, Joan and Bob Minchak get ALL YOU DESERVE.  FYI  We will make sure their creditors know about their new home.  Thanks for the tip off

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

JB DOLLAR

AUTHOR: Rodger - (United States of America)

I to worked for JB Dollar as a salesman and made about $65k plus was given an auto, not new but new to me. Bob and Joan were very nice and NEVER lied to me. I've read all this BS about working hard and not being rewarded. Most people work hard. Maybe you should work smart and not hard.

Even though my office was shut down, they advised me on how to file for unemployment, offered me another position in another city, and gave me a letter of good recommendation. Furthermore, while working for JB Dollar I created an excellent relationship with the local business owners. This experience created opportunities with other businesses looking for B2B sales people. Have you ever heard...."when life serves you a lemon make lemonade." Good, authentic Sales people know how to create opportunities

AND, enjoy your new home on the waterfront in Miami Florida.

Sincerely,

An Ex-employee

AUTHOR: watchdogfriend - (United States of America)

Thanks for the support of my statement.  I really hope nobody else gets suckered into this co.  If they can't find new people maybe the minchaks will need to roll up their sleeves and do their own dirty work for a change.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tis the truth. Could not have said it better myself

AUTHOR: watchdog - (United States of America)

This persons account is spot on, 100% true.  They did not mention that if a client pays late, and does not pay the outrageous interested penalty, you, as a sales rep, loses part of ALL of their commission.  The company may keep all your hard earned money.  Joan and Bob Minchak should be nominated for one of the worse employers in the US.   Hopefully they go out of business and have to deal with their dishonesty.