Complaint Review: JB Dollar Stretcher

• Reported By: jeanette — Columbus Ohio
JB Dollar Stretcher
3105 Farnham Rd. Internet United States of America

JB Dollar Stretcher JB SOLD A VOUCHER FOR COMPANY THAT DID NOT EXIST Internet

*Author of original report: Thank you

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Consumer was refunded

I bought a voucher for $35 from JB Dollar Stretcher website for services at a hair salon that doesn't even exist. I tried to call the phone number on the voucher to schedule an appointment, not knowing it was not real. The number did not work. The other number I found on the internet for the person also did not work. I contacted JB via email the same day(800# didn't work) and a week later this was their response. (See cut and past below) I filed a complaint with the BBB, With the Attorney General Consumer Complaints Division and disputed the charge with my credit card company. Buyer Beware! Stick with Groupon, their customer service has always been prompt and friendly--they back their product.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: STILL WAITING TO HEAR
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:40:34 -0400
From: Jeanette
To: dealsupport@jbdollar.com' <dealsupport@jbdollar.com>

I sent a message on 3/20 about a JB Dollar Stretcher I purchased for Cut, Style and Color. The phone number for the business does not work. At this point I want my money refunded. Thanks.

Their Reply:

Dear Ms. ----:
 Please be advised that we are only the advertising company; we are not the actual merchant.  Your discontent is not with J.B. Dollar Stretcher Magazine, it is with the merchant.
 We understand your frustration in the matter and as you are not a satisfied customer; however, be aware we are working diligently to resolve your claim.  Since our team has been doing everything possible to try and reach out to the merchant regarding your issue, I suggest directing your frustration to that particular merchant and not the deal site where you purchased the deal, as we are trying to assist you, as you "threaten" to take further action.   We are like many other deal site, we simply advertise for the merchant, we do not act on their behalf no do we have control over the manner in which they operate their business.
 Rather than becoming irate with our company and those trying to assist you with your merchant issues, I recommend to address the appropriate agencies that may be able to assist you further.  Otherwise, please be patient with us as we work to address your concerns.  We  apologize for any inconvenience we ask your patience in this matter was we attempt to adequately address your concerns.
Tonya Sardenelli
Legal Administrator
Client Services  Department
J.B.  Dollar Stretcher Magazine
Email: Tsardenelli@jbdollar.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JB-Dollar-Stretcher/internet/JB-Dollar-Stretcher-JB-SOLD-A-VOUCHER-FOR-COMPANY-THAT-DID-NOT-EXIST-Internet-1039073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JB Dollar Stretcher

AUTHOR: jeanette - ()

Yes, thank you, issue has been resolved.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Consumer was refunded

AUTHOR: Robert minchak - ()

This consumer contacted us and we typically issue a credit in 3 to 7 days.  We confirm information before making refunds and this person received a full refund on April 1 st.