Complaint Review: JB Dollar Stretcher

• Submitted: Mon, April 30, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: MDB — West Lafayette Indiana United States of America
JB Dollar Stretcher

JB Dollar Stretcher sells vacation packages that companies don't honor, and they won't help resolve concerns. Internet

I purchased a JB Dollar Stretcher deal and they oversold the reservations. When the deal was purchased, it said that the voucher was good until May 30. Erie Island oversold the vouchers and is giving customers the short end of the stick. The voucher did not give any restrictions on how soon reservations needed to be made. When I called to reserve my room in April, I was told it was my fault that I waited too late to reserve and they were all booked up.

They told me I could spend $100 more for the same rate, or wait until after September to use my voucher. The resort has 12 phone lines for customer service, and only 1 person answering the phone. The receptionist admitted that she gets 80-100 voicemails EVERY DAY! The customer service is horrible, and I never even made it out there. The manager, Ken, was rude, loud and irate. He blamed ME for not being able to use my voucher because I waited too late to reserve.

JB Dollar Stretcher is also taking no accountability. I called them and talked to Dee (sales, Erie Island is her account) and Frank (customer service) and neither were helpful. They told me they just sell the offers, they have nothing to do with making sure these purchases are honored. They have no problem with selling offers on behalf of unethical companies who won't keep their word. Both of these companies are a total rip-off. Dee told me that she would help me, and after the first day I can't reach her or get her to call me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JB-Dollar-Stretcher/internet/JB-Dollar-Stretcher-sells-vacation-packages-that-companies-dont-honor-and-they-wont-hel-876012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JB Dollar Stretcher