Complaint Review: JB Windows Replacement

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Sara — Redlands California
JB Windows Replacement
Palm Springs, California United States of America

JB Windows Replacement JB Windows & Glass Mismatched windows, job incomplete, unprofessional Palm Springs, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal

After choosing what appeared to be a legit window replacement business, I discovered it was anything but. JB Windows Replacement small business was unprofessional with customer service, installation of windows, and did not complete the job as guaranteed. Owner, Justin, had no problem meeting us on our free time for a consult and down payment; yet when it came time to install the windows, he made a fuss about me not accommodating to his schedule. I made it clear that we worked during the day all week and would need a weekend installation. We ended up having to wait an extra week and a half after delivery of windows because he "did not have child care".

The day of installation I noticed a mess he left behind (saw dust, pieces of molding and wood, and dried clumps of caulk) on our walkway, driveway, and yard. We even noticed what appeared to be a few drops of blood on our walkway cement. Our garage window was left unfinished and when I questioned him why it was left that way, I received a very snarky reply that it is common knowledge that garage windows are left unfinished. The worst part of this experience, and what led me to complain, was that he ordered the wrong size window for one of the bedroom windows. It is noticeably larger than the bedroom window right next to it. He refused to replace it the day of and offered to trim the outside molding to help it "blend" in. After a couple days of seeing my mismatched windows and feeling unsatisfied, I contacted Justin again. He responded via text that I was being unreasonable. I told him I wasn't happy and he need to complete the job properly, as I had already paid him in full. After a very unprofessional rude response, he stated as far as he was concerned, the job was complete.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2013 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JB-Windows-Replacement/Palm-Springs-California-92362/JB-Windows-Replacement-JB-Windows-Glass-Mismatched-windows-job-incomplete-unprofession-1035347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JB Windows Replacement

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: JB Windows - ()

I want to address the installation scheduling with this customer.When the contract was singed there was no limitation for doing the job during normal business hours, Monday - Friday. At no time did I say I would not work on a Saturday but it was one particular Saturday I was not available. I was able to schedule the following Saturday which the customer seemed very satisfied with.

When the job was completed, I did a thorough walk threw with the other party who also lived at the property and was involved in 100% of the project including having paid 1/2 manufacturing deposit and balance due completed and was on site the entire time of installation. Items addressed during the walk threw were as follows: - The garage window was in an unfinished garage and according to the gentlemen he would be taking care of trimming it when he finished garage at his convenience.

As far as the " wrong size window : - the size was correct, there was however , existing damage to the jam and sill due to age. The window was trimmed out to the satisfaction of both parties during the walk threw. The only issue brought to my attention was the garage window which had been addressed and was installed, seal and weatherproofed as required. A week later Sara contacted me via text which was the time she ever tried to contact us  regarding the garage window trim and I explained the situation once again.

The other complaints listed above are new, unwarranted and not discussed nor were they brought to my attention. Let me say that it is tiresome and petty for the complainant to constantly refer to me as a nightmare and as dishonest. There is a reason JB Windows has NOT ONE complaint against it anywhere after selling to hundreds of satisfied customers through out Southern California over the years.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: JB Windows - ()

I want to address the installation scheduling with this customer. when the contract was signed there was no limitation for doing the job during normal business hours, Monday -  Friday. At no time did I say I would not work on a Saturday but it was one particular Saturday that I was not available. I was able to schedule the following Saturday which the customer seemed very satisfied with.

When the job was complete, I did a thorough walk thru with the other party who also lived at the property and was involved in 100% of the project including having paid  1/2 manufacturing deposit and balance due when completed and was on site the entire time of installation. Items addressed during the walk thru were as followed: The garage window was in an unfinished garage and according to the gentlemen he would be taking care of trimming it when he finished the garage at his convenience.

As far as the " wrong window size" - the size was correct, there was however , existing damage to the jam and sill due to age. The window was trimmed out to the satisfaction of both parties during the final walk thru. The only issue brought to my attention was the garage window which had been addressed and was installed, sealed and weatherproofed as required.

A week after Sara contacted me via text, which was the only way she tried to communicate regarding the garage window trim I explained the situation once again. Let me just say that it is tiresome and petty for the complainant to constantly refer to me as a nightmare and as dishonest. There is a reason JB Windows has not one complaint against it anywhere after selling to hundreds of satisfied customers throughout Southern California over the years.