Complaint Review: JBC LEGAL GROUP, P.C.

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 05, 2004

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
JBC LEGAL GROUP, P.C.
2 Broad Street 6th Floor Bloomfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

JBC LEGAL GROUP, P.C. Fraudulent Collective Agency Bloomfield New Jersey

*Author of original report: JBC Legal Group harassment continuesget back at them!

Similiarly to the other complaints listed, I was contacted by JBC Legal Group, P.C. stating that I had passed a bad check nearly 10 years ago in a state I had previously lived. A false bank account number was listed, however they did have my previous bank correct. They claimed that I had passed a bad check for $52 and owed them $82. When I checked with my previous bank they had no records of that returned check and my credit record had no reports of it either. I can't even recall if I actually made this purchase since it was nearly 10 years ago!

After calling the company twice and dealing with very rude, unhelpful people I was told that I owed the money and it would go on my credit report if I did not pay. When I asked for them to fax me a copy of the returned check he said they would send one in the mail and would receive it within 2 months. Well since it says I have to pay within 30 days that is not very helpful. He then told me to have a nice day and hung up on me while I was still asking him a question.

I checked with the BBB in New Jersey and all of the offices for JBC Lega Group, P.C. have unsatisfactory ratings for complaints and failure to respond.

Beware of false accusations and don't believe what they claim. They are crooks and hopefully will be shut down if enough people complain. I imagine alot of people could easily be taken advantage of because they are very threatening over the phone.

Anne
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2004 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC-LEGAL-GROUP-PC/Bloomfield-New-Jersey-07003/JBC-LEGAL-GROUP-PC-Fraudulent-Collective-Agency-Bloomfield-New-Jersey-85056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC LEGAL GROUP, P.C.

JBC Legal Group harassment continuesget back at them!

AUTHOR: Anne - (U.S.A.)

So less than a month later, I have again received contact from the JBC thugs. This time a phone call from a man saying he is 'trying to help me out' by telling me that I need to take care of this debt before the 30 day period ends. I'm still waiting for a copy of this 9 year old supposedly bounced check my bank has no record of. After going around in circles with him for about 5 minutes I asked him to tell me his name again. (He had said it so quickly when he called I could not make it out). At that question he quickly hung up on me. Big surprise!

In the meantime I have filed complaints with my Attorney General, the FTC and the BBB. Plus I have also contacted all of the local news channels here with details on the story.

My advicego get 'em folks. Get mad, get the word out and get even!