Complaint Review: JBC Legal Group, Jack Boyajian, Marv Brandon

• Submitted: Fri, April 30, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, April 30, 2004

• Reported By:Fair Oaks California
JBC Legal Group, Jack Boyajian, Marv Brandon
2 Broad St. 6th Floor Bloomfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

JBC Legal Group, Jack Boyajian, Marv Brandon ripoff fraudulent collection practices Bloomfield New Jersey

I got a letter today from JBC Legal Group in regards to a returned check written in 1993 (11 years ago). Also, the bank account number provided does not exist and the bank says they got similar inqiries from people with letters like ours today. That it what really woke me up to this scam. The account doesn't even have the right amount of numbers in it. From what I can find out, the company is out of business now and I don't remember if I ever really shopped there before. It's kind of fishy that the only payment requested is by credit card only. They can easily use it for what ever they want afer getting the number and signature authorization.

I called the number on the letter right away. My experience with the JBC employee, Inez Sanders, was quite different from other posts I have read. She was polite and when I told her the bank account is not mine and I don't know anything about a bounced check. She knew my old address and my old driver's license number (from 2 different states) neither of which I live in now. She asked if it shows up on my credit report and I told her no. She said to disregard the letter that they will reinvestigate the matter and get back to me by phone, but she didn't ask for a phone number and my number doesn't show up on caller ID. I wonder how she will call me back? She did give me her direct number and I called it later. I got voice mail, so I'm calling back tomorrow to request proof of the debt. I'm going to call the main number to see if they will even have record of my previous call.

I have been trying to buy a house and have been getting our credit reports run recently. I think that somehow triggered this attention from JCB.

I called the FBI and they want me to file a report. I'm also going to file reports with the CA attorney general and the Federal Trade Commission. I informed Fox40 news about this scam. I hope they run the report so people won't send these scammers their hard earned money.

Anonymous
Northern, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2004 01:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC-Legal-Group-Jack-Boyajian-Marv-Brandon/Bloomfield-New-Jersey-07003-2550/JBC-Legal-Group-Jack-Boyajian-Marv-Brandon-ripoff-fraudulent-collection-practices-Bloomf-89601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC Legal Group, Jack Boyajian, Marv Brandon