Complaint Review: JBC Legal Group - NCO

• Submitted: Wed, July 28, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 28, 2004

• Reported By:Denville New Jersey
JBC Legal Group - NCO
2 Broad St 6th Floor Bloomfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

JBC Legal Group (working for NCO collections agency) rip-off! Fraudulent billing! Bloomfield New Jersey

I got a letter from JBC Legal Group claiming that I did not pay an 8 year old bill to GPU (a utilities company). They implied, but did not state, that they were collecting the debt on behalf of GPU, which had been taken over by First Energy years ago.

I contacted First Energy to get more information about the bill. They told me over the phone that they had never sold any debt to anyone, only old billing records. They confirmed for me that the bill had been paid.

When I got a second, more threatening letter from JBC, I called and told them the debt had been paid. Only then did they reveal that they were working for NCO, a collections agency. They lied to me - they told me NCO had paid my bill for me and that I now owed them.

So I called First Energy again, and with their help, located my payment record from years earlier. I also asked them to send me a letter confirming that my alleged debt HAD NEVER BEEN SOLD.

I've asked JBC to send me written proof that they own my alleged debt, and am trying to gather information from other victims so I can put it in a package and send it to the New Jersey State Attorney General and the NJ Bar Association.

Denville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2004 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC-Legal-Group-NCO/Bloomfield-New-Jersey-07003-2550/JBC-Legal-Group-working-for-NCO-collections-agency-rip-off-Fraudulent-billing-Bloomfie-100977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC Legal Group - NCO