Complaint Review: JBC Legal Group, PC

• Submitted: Sat, September 11, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, September 11, 2004

• Reported By:Sacramento California
JBC Legal Group, PC
9465 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 335 Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.

JBC Legal Group, PC fraudulent debt collecting Beverly Hills California - Bloomfield New Jersey

I received a settlement offer letter from the JBC Legal Group today regarding a debt for $137.82 with Residence Inn 349. They are offering to give me 30 days to pay half the debt or.....(I really don't know what, as they don't actually state what will happen next).

I immediately became suspicious because it's been years since I stayed at a Residence Inn, I was never notified about any outstanding fees that were owed, and I always book my reservations and pay for my stay with a credit card. There's never any "outstanding balance" or such this way. Matter of fact, I don't know of any hotel that does it differently.

I decided to use the interent and look into these guys.....isn't it a wonderful thing!! Lo and behold what did I find?? Your site with numerous complaints regarding this company. My impression is that this company uses strong-arm tactics, and may actually be collecting money from people who don't know any better. This is terrible.

As for my situation. Well, I'm a bit worried I guess. I've never dealt with crooks before, and am worried about the suggestion I read where the person stated that these guys could actually get a judgement against someone who doesn't prove the debt isn't vaild and/or doesn't show up in court.

I will send a certified letter to these people immediately. It will state that I dispute the whole debt, and will instruct them not to contact me again regarding this matter. I will also let them know that I will inform my attorney of this latter, and the Federal Trade Commission as well. Any other suggestions out there????

Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2004 11:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC-Legal-Group-PC/Beverly-Hills-California-90212/JBC-Legal-Group-PC-fraudulent-debt-collecting-Beverly-Hills-California-Bloomfield-New-J-107989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC Legal Group, PC