Complaint Review: JBC Legal Group, P.C.

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, January 31, 2004

• Reported By:South Boston Virginia
JBC Legal Group, P.C.
2 Broad Street Bloomfield, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-241-1510
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

JBC Legal Group - P.C. ripoff Bloomfield New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: Demand To See a Check Copy

In the second week of January of 2004, I received a letter stating that i bounced a check in Febuary of 2002 at a store named Ntc. The letter explained that I owed 82.99 after charges of course and stated that I had thirty days to call and pay.

Today at work I called and talked to a rude female who identified her self as Tasha Goodman. I had my card ready to pay when she told me she could not take a credit card for charges under a hundred dollars over the phone. This I found strange because she already had my SS# and bank account number. She would only exept a money order.

I immediatly went to my bank and asked for a statement for the time period of the check. The check was not listed nor the overdrawn charges that would have shown up if the check was ever put through my account. I called while at the bank and another lady told me the account which the check had bounced from had been closed, which was a lie. In later conversation, she stated that if I did not pat today legal action would be taken. As i did research in to this company I found out that they are rip-off debt collection company. I have put in a report with my local police department, newspaper. radio, post office, and FBI.

Kristi
South Boston, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2004 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC-Legal-Group-PC/Bloomfield-New-Jersey-07003-2550/JBC-Legal-Group-PC-ripoff-Bloomfield-New-Jersey-1033101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC Legal Group, P.C.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Demand To See a Check Copy

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

If they actually had the check it should be no problem to fax you a copy of it clearly showing your signature and the 'NSF' or 'Account Closed' stamp that your bank would put on the face of it.

If they can't even provide that it's definitely a SCAM.

What would they present in court ???

If they threaten legal action call their bluff and demand they press charges. They'll stick their tail between their legs and scurry off.