efficient

• Submitted: Wed, June 23, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, June 23, 2004

• Reported By:Kingston Massachusetts
JBC Legal Group
2 Broad Street 6th Floor Bloomfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

JBC Legal Group, P.C. Collection Notice with claims of a bounced check from 6 years ago. Rip-off! Bloomfield New Jersey

Please see the below correspondence recording the conversation I had with Jibi Thomas of JBC Legal Group.

Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 5:14 PM
Subject: JBC Legal Group

Hello Ms. or Mr. Murray,

I have received an email in regards to an issue with our office. I would love to help you in this matter. Please respond with your home address, telephone number and file number if you have one. I will be happy to return the call and resolve this matter. Thank you.

(973) 259-1701 ext. 231

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 9:44 AM
To: 'Jibi Thomas'
Subject: RE: JBC Legal Group

Thank you for your response.
I recently received a collection notice from your office. I inadvertently discarded the letter portion from the payment stub and do not know the amount that is owed.

I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible so I would appreciate a prompt response.

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 1:20 PM
Subject: FW: JBC Legal Group

Jibi-
Has there been any research regarding this request? Again, I would like to resolve it as soon as possible. I am anxious to pay this debt. It is quite confusing as to why your company is not as anxious to collect it.

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 1:51 PM

Hello Ms. X,
Sorry for the delay. I was researching this case and I have the following information for you. The amount of the debt is $257.68. The dishonored check was written to Ames on 01/02/98. Please feel free to contact my office to discuss resolution. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

2 Broad Street 6th Floor
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(866) 522-2685
jthomas@j-b-c.com

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 2:05 PM
Subject: RE: JBC Legal Group

Thank you for your response.
But, that is NOT the amount that I remember reading in the letter. I distinctly recall it being in the $80. range but could not remember the exact amount. Please send me any documentation you have on this account.
I will have a representative from my office call you after 6pm. Thank you.

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 2:26 PM
Subject: RE: JBC Legal Group

I understand why the amount may look different from the one you previously saw. Penalties may have been incurred to your account. I will request that the initial letter be sent out to you. If you are available by phone, I would be happy to discuss this matter further with you. If we do so, I'm sure that we can find resolution quicker. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

2 Broad Street 6th Floor
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(866) 522-2685
jthomas@j-b-c.com

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 3:04 PM
Subject: RE: JBC Legal Group

Thank you. I would appreciate the initial letter as well as any other documentation available. It's hard to understand how penalties over $177. could incurred since I initiated this request on May 5th. It's also very difficult for me to research a check written in 1998 from a bank I haven't done business with since 2000.

I can be reached at .... anytime after 6 P.M.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

Jibi called me himself. Unfortunately, I was not home but he left a message. I called him back and left a message. I got no return phone call.

As you can see, I was ready and willing to pay this debt that I thought was legit. Thank God I discarded the letter portion of the bill.

Tracey
Kingston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2004 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC-Legal-Group/Bloomfield-New-Jersey-07003/JBC-Legal-Group-PC-Collection-Notice-with-claims-of-a-bounced-check-from-6-years-ago-R-96095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC Legal Group