Complaint Review: JBC Legal Group

• Submitted: Tue, May 11, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, January 14, 2005

• Reported By:San Diego California
JBC Legal Group
2 Broad Street 6th Floor Broomsfiled, New Jersey U.S.A.

JBC Legal Group ripoff - debt collection scam Broomsfiled New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: JBC using telemarketing scams

*Consumer Suggestion: Everyone needs to file complaints with the FTC

I have seen WAY too many of the same complaint for this company to still be doing what they are doing. I recieved a letter claiming I bounced a check in 1997! For $33.91 plus a $25.00 fee. I called them up and enetered their name in a search. As I waited for someone to take my call my jaw fell open with the google results. I spoke with a gentleman who would not give me his name. I gave him my "case" number and told him I wanted a copy of the check. He told me that he doubted I would see it. I asked him why and he told me he didn't have the time to go into it. And this is a law firm???

Anyway, I told him I wouldn't pay a dime until I see the check and asked him why there were so many warnings of fraud about his company? He then told me I was part of the check bouncing culture and I should be a man and pay my debts. I told him he would never say that to my face and that his company sure sounded like a scm. He then told me to NEVER CALL AGAIN and hung up on me.

Let's get these guys out of business. What's sad is that people all over are sending these idiots checks and keeping them a float for nothing.

David
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2004 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC-Legal-Group/Broomsfiled-New-Jersey-07003/JBC-Legal-Group-ripoff-debt-collection-scam-Broomsfiled-New-Jersey-90996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC Legal Group

JBC using telemarketing scams

AUTHOR: Bryan - (U.S.A.)

I started getting unsolicited telemarketing calls on my cell phone from this JBC Legal Group starting about 8/2004. They use an automated machine which is freaking annoying because there's no way to tell them to stop calling me. They call about once a week. Their robot will leave a stupid voice mail on my phone. I was suspicious of this company from the start because I had a brand new cell phone and branch new number. There is no way they could have gotten that number legitimately.

I filed my number on donotcall.gov. Your number must be listed for 31 days before the FTC will accept your report. So after at least 2 months, and a dozen calls from them, I have filed a complaint with the FTC.

Recently, I did a Google search on these guys. What a bunch of losers. I hope these guys go down in flames.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: G - (U.S.A.)

These guys are being investigated by the FTC, everyone needs to send the FTC their complaints so these guys dont continue to take advantage of consumers.

#3 Consumer Suggestion