distinction

• Submitted: Wed, May 19, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 19, 2004

• Reported By:earleville Maryland
JBC
2 Broad St 6th Floor Bloomfield, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-2411510
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

JBC Legal Group ripoff! Fraudulant! I was threatened SIX times in 2 days with court. New Jersey Bloomfield

I received a letter stating I had bad checks from 2001. No such thing! I contacted them and they refused me any information they had and said they would see me in court.

Thank you to the Identity Theft/Fraud Research Group! They informed me of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. I was threatened SIX times in 2 days with court by JBC. My lawyer is loving this! Of course I reported them to the Federal Trade Commission as well as the Consumer Affairs of New Jersey.

By the way, it is not legal for them to threaten you with court unless they have given you thirty days to prove them wrong. They cannot scream or use profanity either! I believe each one is worth a $5,000.00 fine.

Leigh
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2004 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBC/Bloomfield-New-Jersey-07003-2550/JBC-Legal-Group-ripoff-Fraudulant-I-was-threatened-SIX-times-in-2-days-with-court-New-J-92136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBC