Complaint Review: JC Penney And GE Money Bank

• Submitted: Thu, November 27, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2009

• Reported By:sequim Washington
JC Penney And GE Money Bank
PO Box 981131 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

JC Penney And GE Money Bank closed our "current" credit card w/o notice GE Money and JC Penney El Paso Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: maybe now it is

*Consumer Comment: ITS GE MONEY BANK - NOT JC PENNEY

We have been a JC Penney customer with a credit card for the past 19 years.

We always paid our bill on time and never missed a payment. Just recently without and pre notification JC Penney raised our monthly payments from $68.86 per month, we always paid $75.00.

On October 26, 2008, we received a letter on JC Penney Letterhead, signed by GE Money Bank 800-542-0800. Our balance was $2042.81, the credit limit was $5,250.00.
Out the blue they cancelled my card, and ask that we pay $200.00 per month tand dropped the so called credit limit to $100.00.

It apears that GE Money is running out of money and have dictated to JC Penney to cancel cards without notice.
I am doing everything I can to make complaints directly to GE Money and JC Penney. My credit score is low, however, when I got the card is was over 700. Thru the years my Credit Limit at JC Penney went up from $1,000.00
to $5,250.00, October 10, 2007, just a year ago.
It looks like JCPenny is going under. Hope so.

Gaze
sequim, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2008 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Penney-And-GE-Money-Bank/El-Paso-Texas-799998-1131/JC-Penney-And-GE-Money-Bank-closed-our-current-credit-card-wo-notice-GE-Money-and-JC-Pe-395640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JC Penney And GE Money Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

maybe now it is

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Maybe it is now..

But my wifes JCPennys deal is JCPennys and there is no Gemoney/Gems etc...
I even have the bill for a recent purchase here and also my gemoney/carecredit online and for me its obvious they are not the same.

But then maybe the way you bought the items might have put u into gems instead of jcpennys?

ALL I know is I would never use GEMONEY (Carecredit) for anything but medical related.

ITS GE MONEY BANK - NOT JC PENNEY

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Penney's probably knew nothing about it before hand and probably knows about it by now when people tried to use their credit cards for Christmas shopping and it was declined. Most received the letter informing them of this change weeks AFTER they were humiliated at the register.

GEMB has been cutting everyone's credit limit across the board. it was a GEMB business decision only.

You can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission