Complaint Review: J.C. Penney SBS FUN FAMILY (Stonebridge Benefit Services)

• Submitted: Wed, December 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 28, 2009

• Reported By: Meg — Spokane Washington United States of America
J.C. Penney SBS FUN FAMILY (Stonebridge Benefit Services)
2700 West Piano Parkway Piano, Texas United States of America

J.C. Penney SBS FUN FAMILY ,Stonebridge Benefit Services, JCP.com JCP Credit Services They trick you online! Piano, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs Manager

I purchased an item on jcp.com last January with a gift card. There was a $3.50 charge left over after the gift card for shipping, so I paid for it with my debit card. I recently noticed that $9.95 and sometimes $10.82 was coming out of my account sometimes once, sometimes twice a month. I called my bank and they cancelled my debit card, but the charges still kept coming even on my new card #. Finally my bank and I had to contact the phone # on the charges. They said they would credit me back $39 for 4 months, but not for the other eight. Apparently, when you order an item online from jcp they ask you if you would like to sign up for fun family rewards, the box is automatically checkmarked and it's free for 45 days and then they start charging you. This is such a scam, who would checkmark a box so they can be charged $9.95 a month from somewhere they only shopped at because they had a gift card? When I contacted them (and I did so 7 times), they refused to let me talk to a supervisor and insisted they would call me back. This never happened. They also said they would credit me for the past four charges, but never did. My bank is currently handling a fraud report, hopefully I get the money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2009 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Penney-SBS-FUN-FAMILY-Stonebridge-Benefit-Services/Piano-Texas-75075/JC-Penney-SBS-FUN-FAMILY-Stonebridge-Benefit-Services-JCPcom-JCP-Credit-Services-They-540674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.C. Penney SBS FUN FAMILY (Stonebridge Benefit Services)

Consumer Affairs Manager

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at [email protected], by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.