- Report: #221425
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: JC Penney
JC PenneySoloman Pond Mall Donald Lynch Blvd Marlboro, Massachusetts U.S.A.
JC Penney fraudulent jewelry return policy, fraudulent sale information and pricing, over pricing, not enough sales associates Ripoff Berlin Marlboro Nationwide
*UPDATE Employee: Get your information right before you complain
*UPDATE Employee: No receipt on fine jewelry, no refund or exchange
*UPDATE Employee: JCP gives you up to 60 days on returns with a receipt
*UPDATE Employee: About the list you made of issues with JCP
*Author of original report: JC Penny
*Consumer Comment: Marketing 101
*Author of original report: JC Penney Fraudulent Jewelry Policy
*Consumer Comment: Wow-it's called the free market system
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2. Rip-off sale items: I had been looking for a Gazelle excercise machine. They are advertised on TV for $99.00. JCP priced them at $119.00. After looking around I found the same model at Walmart for $94.00. I mentioned that to a sales clerk and the next week it was advertised at JCP for $84.00 in the sale circular, however the sale ticket on the Gazelle was still priced at $119.00.
3. Fraudulant jewelry warranties...don't buy them they are useless. I bought one for a bracelet I purchased . When it needed repair I brought back to the store and they sent it to the repair company. After several weeks of waiting for my braclet I received a check for lesser value than what I paid
for the braclet. I called JCP to see what was going on and was told an electronic company had taken over the jewelry warranty so anyone who had purchased this "warranty" was out of luck. Obviously they refused to refund the cost of the warranty!
4. I have saved the best/worst for last. My sister had bought me 2 braclets as a gift. I wanted to return them for something else. I did not have the receipt but the tags were still in the boxes which were terribly overpriced. I did not expect a refund but at least an exchange. They refused to exchange the items gave me a brochure which said no refunds/exchanges on jewelry. I checked with my sister, apparently they don't tell you this policy when you're buying just when you're returning!!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2006 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Penney/Marlboro-Massachusetts-01749/JC-Penney-fraudulent-jewelry-return-policy-fraudulent-sale-information-and-pricing-over-221425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.