Complaint Review: J.C. Penny Optical-Melbourne Sq.Mall-Melbourne,FL

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:palm bay Florida
J.C. Penny Optical-Melbourne Sq.Mall-Melbourne,FL
Melbourne Sq. Mall - New Haven Ave Nationwide U.S.A.

J.C. Penny Optical-Melbourne Sq.Mall-Melbourne,FL Refund not given when change of lens made 2 weeks after purchase. Melbourne Florida

*Author of original report: J.C.Penny Optical-Melbourne,FL - UPDATE 7/9/08

I went back after a two week "wear/trial" for remake. The Mgr. would not refund a difference of $30, I originally had blended bifocal ($30 more than progressive) and came back for remake to progressive. Her (Jennifer) reason was "I asked for Blended Bifocal"...true, but did not workout. I feel this is not in line with practices of other optical places. I went back to a lesser priced lens, but lost $30. I paid cash at time of purchase, but would have even accepted a credit to my JC Penny Credit Card. She needs a lesson in "PR".

Fl senior
palm bay, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Penny-Optical-Melbourne-SqMall-MelbourneFL/nationwide/JC-Penny-Optical-Melbourne-SqMall-MelbourneFL-Refund-not-given-when-change-of-lens-mad-347137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.C. Penny Optical-Melbourne Sq.Mall-Melbourne,FL

J.C.Penny Optical-Melbourne,FL - UPDATE 7/9/08

AUTHOR: Fl senior - (U.S.A.)

I used J.C. Penny's on-line www. address and clicked on "contact us" and entered my complaint. Within 24 hrs. I was contacted by phone by a customer relations mgr. (outside FL) and told they would contact my local store where I made the purchase and have them reimburse me the $30 difference that should have been refunded me when I asked.