Complaint Review: JC Penny Styling Salon

• Submitted: Wed, November 21, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 29, 2011

• Reported By:Thornton Colorado
JC Penny Styling Salon
5433 W 88th Ave Westminster, Colorado U.S.A.

JC Penny Styling Salon Would you pay $265 for a cut, color & highlight? Westminster Colorado

*Consumer Comment: your confused i think

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: worked for JCP and Cost Cutters

*Consumer Comment: FAKE TOWN

*Consumer Comment: Something sounds fishy ...

If I didn't pay, the police would be called. I went there mostly for my kids to get their hair done. But I figured, since I was there I would get mine done too. I didn't see any prices posted, and I didn't ask because I figured it might be a little more expensive, but we were worth a few dollars extra. Boy was I in for a surprise! Especially when Cost Cutters was offering $24.95 for 7 colors! I just didn't have the cash. I feel like I was severely taken advantage of. In total I spent nearly $400 getting my two kids hair cut, my son a comb over of color on the top of his head w/a buzz cut, and my cut, color and highlight. Just because I am a card holder and have the available credit, doesn't mean I want to use it on something that is going to grow out in 6 weeks!!

Stephanie r.
Thornton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2007 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Penny-Styling-Salon/Westminster-Colorado-80031/JC-Penny-Styling-Salon-Would-you-pay-265-for-a-cut-color-highlight-Westminster-Colora-285937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JC Penny Styling Salon

your confused i think

AUTHOR: zip - (United States of America)

I think you are one mixed up chick.you women go into these hair salons with hair down to your butt and think you should get some sort of free ride.what do you think do you think your stylist is back in the slave days where they work there butts off for nothing.would you like it if someone made you work like that and did not want to pay you.im sorry but i dont feel sorry for you at all and jc penneys was right to make you pay that bill.thats a lot of color and cuts and you got off way cheep as far as im concerned .ive paid up to 450.00 on that much work and then gave them 40.00 tips on top of it you are not too smart .maybe you should do your hair at home.go buy that box s**t.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

worked for JCP and Cost Cutters

AUTHOR: utopianruins - (United States of America)

I have worked for both Salons mentioned in this blog. First of all, Cost Cutters has 7 Foils for $24, not 7 colors. 7 Foils means, you get 7 very small sections of your hair weaved or sliced into foils with a color or lightner applied to the section. You only get 1 color and you only get 7 foils, unless your stylist is in a good mood, mixed too much color, or just doesn't care about making money.

In regards to JCPenneys, let me see you got your hair cut, color, and hi-lighted, along with your 2 sons haircuts, and one of them color. JCPenneys is not a cheap salon, on average a color/hilite alone cost $115-150 depending on the stylist doing the service, cuts at their cheapest being $24 for kids and $36 for adults, not to mention how many colors you got hilited and how long your hair is. Just because you think it's pretty to have long hair doesn't mean you get a walk at the cash register. More hair = More $$$. I would say for all of the services you got, you probably got off lucky. Think before you shop and make sure you know the prices fo the services you are asking for. If you don't understand ask them to give you an estimate. Most good Stylist will always give you a high end estimate so they can surprise you with a lower amount at the cash register, hence a larger tip.

FAKE TOWN

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

Peter, fess up and tell us where you really live. THERE IS NO PONY, ALABAMA!!!!!!

Something sounds fishy ...

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

If you "didn't have the cash" then perhaps you should have ...

1- Confirmed the prices up front before accepting the services, OR

2- Gone to the place that does color jobs for only $24.99, OR

3- Not wasted your money on hair color at all.

Considering you received extensive hair services for not only yourself but all of your children, it sounds like you received a bargain.

Perhaps next time you should stick to a haircut only, at one of the discount hair cutting chains, if you do not wish to spend any money.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC