Complaint Review: JC Penny

• Submitted: Sun, December 04, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, December 04, 2011

• Reported By: JSK — Overland Park Kansas United States of America
JC Penny

JC Penny Jarden Corporation Rebate had to be returned in 7 days to qualify Internet

I feel ripped off by JC Penny and that they used a rebate on door busters as a Black Friday gimmick.  I know you say you are not the sponsor of the rebate on the Sunbeam (Jarden) products they advertised with rebates, but to promote a rebate that is good for only 7 days to process the rebate is a rip-off.  Shame on them.  I went to go send it in today and found that it needed to postmarked by Friday, December 2nd.  I have never seen such a short rebate.  This is an obvious marketing ploy between JC Penny and Jarden to lure in customers and to minimize the cost to Jarden.  I checked ther ad and it did not say anything about being good for only 7 days.  I hope they  received many complaints when consumers realize it.  I sent my complain to Penny's and Jarden.   I have had enough of JC Penny and will return the other items I purchased since I can now buy them all cheaper elsewhere.  Wow, this rip-off of a $10 rebate will cost them much more in the long term.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2011 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Penny/internet/JC-Penny-Jarden-Corporation-Rebate-had-to-be-returned-in-7-days-to-qualify-Internet-804801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JC Penny